Latitude Rugged 5404

cellstorm

Hello, I have now a Rugged 5404, and tried to put in the SSD of a Sierra Installation of my Latitude 6430 (installed with OSXLatitude Clover Guide)  - to my surprise, it booted through, and I could see the Desktop - But it switches off the Backlight of the Display in the Boot Process (I can see Apple logo lighted, then unlighted)

Does somebody have an Idea how I can reactivate the Backlight?

• Administrators

-> This is not related to a Latitude E6xxx so moving to more appropriate forum. Please make sure to post in the relevant forum sections.

Obviously, you need to adjust this Sierra build (i.e. Clover setup or otherwise) so that it matches the new system specs. You just can't expect to take out the macOS disk from one machine and simply boot it in another one. Here you were lucky but it's hardly the case.

Dual Core Core i5-4310U , Intel i915 graphics 1366x768, AUO 333C Display , 8 Series Haswell-ult HD Audio Controller (bios says Realtek ALC3226) 4096MB DDR3L, Dell motherboard Name 07RKHG, Ehernet controller I218-LM, Bios Version A18, Can boot UEFI and Leagacy, Samsung evo 850  250GB  , Backlit keyboard; the SATA Operation Mode: AHCI

• Administrators

So totally different specs from an Ivy Bridge E6x30! And its Haswell HD4400 graphics, not i915 graphics (which equates to GMA900 of Pentium M era 15 years ago!)... Also ALC3226 audio normally is ALC292 codec (same as in Haswell E6x40 Series).

You can now either re-install from scratch or apply a new set of kexts, ACPI patched tables, Clover config, etc. You'll need a full cache rebuild too of course.