7400 touchpad on OpenCore not working

MatiWaldi

• Moderators

Can you block VoodooI2C during boot like Clover?

Do you have older version install to /L/E or /S/L/E?

If you can block the kext and able to boot with my Config, check or attach System DSDT to see if the patch applied correctly

Sorry I'm not too familiar with OC. Have not dive into it yet.

As you see, with your plist file XSTA rename is in wrong place, and XCRS even cannot be finded in whole file.  I also tried many versions of I2C kexts, and no luck at all I'm fighting with that soo long. and don't know even where to look for help. I tried also genI2C and also no luck. It has to be some mistake somewhere. I'm not able to find it yet...

rename1.png

rename2.png

• Moderators

I did the count and skip from DSDT found from another 7400 since you didn't include it here, so perhaps your vanilla DSDT is different.

So with your correct Config and with latest VoodooI2C, will the system boot?

If yes, have you tried sleeping / waking the system to see if it'll work. Another user had this issue with OC as well and sleeping the system seems to work.

with proper skip and count also nothing work. btw, skip and count was the first thing when I convert from Clover to OC. I have no idea where else to look ;(  Maybe in some other files is a mistake which have influence on touchpad...  I don't know. Now system is not booting with I2C Kexts in config, when they are disabled system is up and running

I attached my dsdt file. I know its like looking for a needle in a haystack. but maybe you'll be able to find something together with my refi folder from couple posts above. Just let me know that you found something or not. Thanks in advance ;) 

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi both @Jake Lo and @MatiWaldi

I did traced this issue and looks like in config file of EFI folder attached in the reply to @MatiWaldi ...are a simple typos under Kernel -> Add section

image.png.a30caefaf83e22c32952cb7b20b27a6e.png

Instead of Plugins there should be MacOS.

I didn't had a luck with Voodoo* in your EFI, you can try kexts and config from this archive instead, which worked for my with Clover.

V_I2C_PS2.zip

Your VoodooInput.kext should be deleted from Kexts folder if you want to try above. It is not mandatory for OC.

• Thanks 1