DELL E6320 touchpad and backlight problems

Hi guys.

I have installed 10.13.6 on DELL E6320, and got help from Jake Lo and Hervé about freeze problem. I got two other issues now, one is when I move one finger on touchpad, the cursor moves unsmoothly. When one finger moves on web page, the whole page scrolls sometimes. The other issue is the display backlight changs down when hit Fn + DOWN,  but in 15 seconds turns back. I notice the "sun' icon does not showup also. Can somebody give me some advice?  

Thanks in advance.

CLOVER.zip

Thanks Jake Lo. I have replaced the old DSDT. But the FN + DOWN do not work till now. The backlight does not change totally. Today, I pressed the power button to wake up laptop from sleep, found the keyboard and touchpad did not work, the usb mouse still works. I left the laptop to sleep. Several hours later,  the keyboard and touchpad works again when I pressed the power button.

I posted a "ask for help" thread  earlier https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/13009-solved-dell-e6320-freezes/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-98684. You pattched the old DSDT for me before. Hope the information would be useful for figuring out the issue. Thanks again for your help.

• Administrators

That's exactly what I meant.

1) In method _Q66, add this code between the 2 x lines NEVT () and Return (Zero):

^^^^AMW0.WED0 (One)
                Mid (^^^^AMW0._WED (0xD0), Zero, 0x06, Local2)
                If (LEqual (Local2, Buffer (0x06)
                        {
                             0x02, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x50, 0x00             
                        }))
                {
                    Notify (PS2K, 0x0365)
                }

If (LEqual (Local2, Buffer (0x06)
                        {
                             0x02, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x48, 0x00             
                        }))
                {
                    Notify (PS2K, 0x0366)
                }

2) In method _BCM of IGPU->LCD device , add this code before the Name (BRT3, ...) line:

If (LGreater (OSID (), 0x10)){}

3) in method BRT6, all the 2 x LPVB.PS2K notifications under the LCD notifications as follows :

Notify (LCD, 0x86)
                    Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0366)

and

Notify (LCD, 0x87)
                    Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0365)

That should do it.

• Like 2

Yes, Hervé. I downloaded the MACiasl tool, opened the DSDT.aml file, compiled  3  errors, then did what you told above, and saved the DSDT.aml. Reboot, now the brightness control works well.

Thank you very much, and I also found the mute key does not work. When I press mute, display shows up the mute icon but sound does not stop, do you have any idea about this problem?

DSDT.zip