Lenovo Z50-70: KP on HDMI plugging

almatriste

Hi Hervé, I have this configuration:

Lenovo Z50-70,

cpu: intel i7 4510U Haswell,

gpu: intel hd 4400,

clover r5109, whatevergreen 1.3.8

After I have updated to catalina 10.15.4, if I connect hdmi cable, my laptop goes to kernel panic during boot. If I disconnect hdmi cable it works.

In 10.15.3 it works. I attach my config.plist and kernel panic message.

Can you help me?

Sorry for my bad english

panic_2.rar config_plist.rar

• Administrators

Perfectly normal given you're not applying the necessary Azul framebuffer patch detailed in the guide I posted all those years ago:

Without the HDMI patch, a Haswell laptop does indeed usually experience an immediate KP on plugging an HDMI cable. So, apply the patch and you'll find things work much better. You can apply the patch through Clover's on-the-fly patching facility (Kernel and Kexts Patches section of your Clover config file). Use Clover Configurator app to that effect.

This being said, your Clover config shows that:

1. you're not faking desktop HD4600 device id 0412; this is mandatory for all Haswell mobile HD4x00 iGPUs.
  2. you're not injecting Intel nor Azul layout 0x0a260006 (not required if you use Lilu + WEG as you seem to do)

so, unless you apply those property settings in a patched DSDT, you can't even have graphics acceleration on your HD4400 iGPU at present, nor could you in 10.15.3... And same with HDMI.

• Like 1

Hi Hervé, unfortunately I am not able to make the changes written by you.

I assure you that my config.plist works in 10.15.3

<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>#FakeID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x04128086</string>
        </dict>

is the mistake here?

• Administrators

I can only comment on what I found in the stuff you provided in post #1 and there was no such faking in the posted config file... And as I wrote above, use Clover Configurator app to modify your Clover config. It contains too many parameters/fields expressed in Base64 format for you to edit in plain text in a text editor if you're not an expert...

Hi Jake Lo, I have tried to remove # from #fakeID but if I connect hdmi cable the laptop goes to kernel panic.

I use whatevergreen and in this post, https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md ,  I read to delete or comment # FakeID for IntelGFX and IMEI.

Have I to delete whatevergreen from clover's kexts?

Thank you