Lenovo T470S error installing OS Catalina

ULTRACORE

Hy, i try to install from topic here , but i receive the error from image. I make the bios settings from that link but i have T470s

Can a coleg to help me make a tutorial how to , from begining to the end ? And can we use Catalina and Windows 10 , on the same Laptop Lenovo T470S ?

I7-7600 , 16gb , 256GB SSD

macos-startup-screen-prohibitory.jpg

• Moderators

Your T470s is similar but still different enough from the E470 to have issue so you can't use his files as is.

1) Yes, you can dual boot with Win10. You'll need to check if your current Windows is in MBR format or GUID. MacOS requires GUID.

If the former, you'll have to wipe the drive and start over, format entire drive with GUID/ Journal Extended. Then partition the drive/ format the Windows partition with MsDos Fat. Install MacOS first, then Windows.

2) The BIOS settings from the link is fine. You can follow my Clover guide here. It's the same process for all vanilla build. 

3) After creating the installer with createinstallmedia command, install Clover. Then replace the Clover folder in /EFI/EFI of the installer with Clover folder from here

• Like 1

Thanks all
I manage to install OS Catalina , stil having problem with EFI partion and Windows because windows creates a folder in EFI partition of Clover .

I have a 512 GB SSD split in 2 partition , one for OS , one for Windows.

Should try to install Catalina on a single paritition of 512GB, make a partition of disk  and then innstal Windows from boot Camp ?

Hy , I manage to install OS Catalina and Windows , both boot from clover menu , but I have some problems :

1. If I have charger connected and start the laptop , the charging icon from bar show that charging but if remove charger the sign is still there. 

The battery is drain very fast...

2. Sometime the laptop start without sound, no audio . I have to restart laptop and sound is working.

3. Sometime when boot Catalina , the line is loading very slow... after few seconds give me error like the photo from first post. I have to restart laptop to fast loading the OS.

4. Still not solve the problem with EFI partition , I use a flashdrive with CLOVER . I try Efi mounter but cannot find EFI ...

5. On Catalina , if laptop goes to stand by / sleep , will not wake up , is dead ! I have to hard shutdown , and power again.

Thanks

• Moderators

Did you format drive with GUID / Extended Journal?

Did you install Clover with UEFI Only?

EFI Mounter no longer works on Catalina. You need ESP Mounter Pro 1.9 or use Clover Configurator to Mount EFI

I cannot manage to finish with Catalina, try with Mojave , cannot log in apple store , itunes not working.

High Sierra is the only OS that is working, i have problems with battery indicator , and the shut down , the laptop powwers up again.