DWA-123 USB dongle: unable to connect to any wireless network

patriciocs

I am new to hackintosh and after many hours reading and testing I managed to install it in my Dell E7440. Everything works fine and it’s super smooth. Ethernet works perfectly. I installed a USB WiFi Dlink DWA-123. Installed the MacOsX drivers available in DLink site and the WIFI adapter is recognized and looks like is working fine in MacOSX. The WiFi Utility is installed and it detects all the available networks around my home. I am able to successfully connect to my home WiFi and get the correct IP settings by DHCP.

WIFi indicator is green but I don’t have internet connection. I discarded a DNS issue as I cannot connect or browse using IP addresses. Using Ethernet everything works fine. What I have found is that if I disconnect the WiFi and then reconnect again I have internet connection during 1 or 2 seconds just after the WiFi is reconnected but after that I am back with no internet.

I am quite sure this has to be a very simple to,solve issue as the drivers are ok, the connection is ok, and even I have connection for a couple of seconds. Maybe is a routing issue, or a IP network stack configuration issue.

things I tried:

create a new location

uninstall and reinstall USB WIFI drivers

Enable and disabling Proxy detection

Setting manual IP configuration

Setting Google DNS instead of my ISP ones

any help or orientation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance

Fort me using usb wifi on hackntosh has always been hit and miss, very frustrating.

Much better off spending $10 to $20 USD  to get a compatible wifi card.

Anyone is USA needs a good card, pm me and I will send you a link to a DW1550 equivalent Broadcom card for $9.99 USD with free shipping.

Thats less than half the going rate for that card. I just checked, and seller still has stock.

I bought 2. They work great.

• Administrators

There are at least 3 x different models of DWA-123:

1. DWA-123 -> drivers dated 2014 for Tiger 10.4, Leo 10.5, SL 10.6, Lion 10.7 and ML 10.8
  2. DWA-123-B1 -> latest driver dated 2013, for ?
  3. DWA-123-D1 -> drivers dated 2015 for Mv 10.9 and Yos 10.10

I'm pretty sure none of those drivers will work for any recent macOS version.

Follow the advice above and install a compatible mini-PCIe card in that E7440. It'll work much better.

• Administrators

As last resort for DWA-123, you may try Chris1111's driver package for USB dongles. It's basically an app that installs a wireless management app + drivers from a collection of USB dongles/chipset drivers the author builds up over time and maintains for given OS X/macOS versions. Saves you all the hassle of searching the Web.

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter

This package supports DWA-123 dongle with PCI id 2001:330b (in hex). Check that against what you'll see in your SysProfiler->USB section for your own dongle. You never know, you may get lucky!