D620 or D630?

clockwork247

I'm gonna pick one of these things up and gonna attempt to dual boot (not really a mac person).

Reason i'm getting it is because my work place they all use mac, and I need to get familiar with the OS without spending 1500+ USD haha. And various other personal reason, definitely not gonna do anything intensive (I have other computers for that stuff).

the D620 as far as I understand would work perfectly out of the box, but the D630 is better when it comes to screen brightness.

what is the hardware spec that would make it work perfectly (for the D630 since I saw too many thread about some of the stuff not working).

thanks.

PS: was considering the D420/D430 but 1.8" hdd is troubling, i'm planing to upgrade to SSD sooner or later.

• Administrators

well you got it all pretty much down pact there... d630 install is quirky it can either go flawless or kick your ass. the d630 has better specs than the d620... but the x3100 graphics are slower than d620's gma 945 graphics. the brightness issue is a lion thing with the framebuffer kext witch edp has a fix for. but if you looking to go into the next generation of osx mountain lion... then that wont happen... as of yet. d630 nvidia might have a chance though just a theory of syonagar and i, but we have not tested as we dont have one to do so.