Alps touchpad on Dell Latitude 5580 not working - Catalina 10.15.3

Keronei

Hello there,

I have made an installation on a latitude 5580 and to this extent I don't seem to figure out why I'm not getting the touchpad to work at all.

After opening the board, it seems to have an Alps Dualpoint touchpad. 

I have also been hinted that the connection is I2C based and have disabled OS X drivers from attaching to it and installed VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID but to this extent I haven't seen any good response.

Another issue that I need help is the sleep. When I go to apple menu then sleep(or idles for specified time), it prepares to sleep(assumably) and then turns of display for about 15 secs but when the power button breaths the first time, it wakes the system, when I queried the wake reason, I get the following:

2020-04-09 12:52:09.906346+0300  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PBTN XDCI (User)

Please shed some light, Thanks in advance.

debug_22164.zip

I have four patches -- PNLF for graphics, USBX for USB power management, EC for implanting fake Embedded controller & UIAC for USB ports - but are separate from main DSDT.

I did added a patch for power in PBTN return method of _PWR to prevent the instant wake(I thought it could prevent the PBTN) but the DSDT could not be loaded, looks like I missed something because the DSDT was never loaded.

It actually had a bunch of warnings but there were no errors.

am attaching a snap of some of the warnings from the patch attempt and the DSDT itself.

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 19.37.27.png

DSDT.dsl.zip

• Moderators

Mind giving this bootpack a try?

Backup your files first, then replace the attached contents into /EFI/Clover

You'll need to remove from /L/E the following kexts:

• FakeSMC.kext 
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooI2C.kext
  • VoodooI2CHID.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • AppleALC.kext

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

5580_Catalina.zip

Gave a try on the bootpack.

Touch pad works and recognized as mouse - better than previous

Display seems to have recognized the ambient light sensor because it has the auto-adjust brightness option, however, VGA doesn't work, when I plug in, everything seems to freeze and have to force shut down - I have been using the external display without any issues.

It still doesn't sleep, although it seems to have no issues with power button now but still around the same issue, gives below reason:

2020-04-13 21:04:44.306877+0300  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI

Other items like sound works pretty well like before, but the audio device is not recognized as PCI in system info(which I have no problem as long as there's audio output) - it also doesn't play the charger-connected sound during startup but I have no issue with that.

Possibly I'll have to merge the setup to find the best match, I'll appreciate any further suggestions

Looks like there's no difference with the new configuration.

I have disabled wake on USB/LAN/WWAN but wake on USB type c is enabled on BIOS.

The UIAC.aml, I did generate from my system...only the ports I required is what I enabled, it has 16 ports when injectcted.

Some like the smart card reader(USB based), I did disconnected it from the board because it was overheating and I don't think if I'll use it soon.