[Success] 10.15.4 on a Dell Latitude E7270 M.2 12.5" Touch

WhiteDragon

Please do not laugh because I am not a expert at hackintosh but I have done a few before just buying them and using other peoples EFI folders.

I have a E7270 with the I7-6600u and a 256GB SSD being delivered today, my question is mine does not have the touchscreen (but it is 1080p) and mine only has 8GB of ram. Will this clover folder you have posted make my laptop work 100% or will I need to do any further work?

I did not know if the screen and ram would make any difference or anything else could be different I have missed causing it not to work?

I do not have a mac so was going to try and use a Catalina stick I made using another website starting with o and ending in a to get it installed then use your clover zip.

I have read all the guides on here with the "boot packs" but was a little confused if that helps you make a perfect installer usb stick.

Based on the conversation I have been having with Jake Lo, it is clear that there are a number of different configurations of the E7270. It would be a safe bet to use Jake Lo's boot pack in his E7X70 guide, than to use my EFI, because Jake's is more generic.

You could can certainly try my EFI and it might work for the install, but I used Jake Lo's EFI for the install, so I cannot be certain.

No matter what you decide to do, please note the following:

(1) I did my initial install using Jake Lo's EFI with 10.15.3.

(2) I recommend that you use the latest Clover (I believe it is currently 5112).

(3) If you run into a kernel panic with 10.15.4 due to graphics firmware load retries, I fixed it with the "-disablegfxfirmware" Clover boot arg.

(4) You should consider updating whatever EFI you use with the latest kexts.

(5) If you install with Jake Lo's EFI, then it is definitely worth trying my EFI for the post-install boot.

By the way, I used the Windows Disk Manager to split my 256GB drive into 53GB (Windows) and 203GB (OSX) partitions and made mine a dual-boot system.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thank You WhiteDragon..

Managed to use your folder and updated all kexts to the latest versions, had to update clover as I had the hanging at logo issue also as soon as I updated (your folder had the older clover version). Managed to do dual boot by changing order in bios as this somehow changed itself to start windows.

Going to order a DW1560 soon when a good deal appears but my usb dongle is fine for now.

To anyone who is thinking of buying one of these they are great little machines. I prefer this to my HP 250 G6 hackintosh even though it is older.

BBCE0599-EB0F-4DF0-AD9B-7AD710F7B426.jpeg

• Like 1

• Moderators

@WhiteDragon

You are right about my USB port not working. I just redid the SSDT with Hackintool and it's a bit different from my original with the latest Hackintool. I've uploaded a new bootpack. As for the touchpad with VoodooPS2Controller by acidanthera, it's still not working for me. I don't see any different with our system's product/vendor ID but there's a difference with the chipset.

@Elliot7270

Since you're using Whitedragon's file, how's your experience with the touchpad? 

Does touchpad show in system preferences?

Does scrolling work up / down / left / right?

Does side swipe work for webpages?

Hello,
I have a dell e7470 and follow this posts.
Well i modify kext and ssdt with WhiteDragon's posted, but no good news.
So touchscreen don't work, but is recognized by UUPID, and SD Card is recognized bu DPCIManager, but i can't managed with it.
Also i swaped ApplePS2Controller with VooDooPS2Controller and at least on boot start with recognize my keyboard.
Overall it's good enough, with brightness, screen resolution, all 3 usb working and sound as well, but if someone could managed with touchscreen and sdcard, will be perfect for me.
My specs are
Dell E7470
Intel i7 6660U
Chipset SKylake
Intel GPU 520
4gb ram
128 Samsung ssd
Touchscreen ELAN 10 multipoint touch venid 04F3 pid 2246
SD Card Realtek RTL525A.

Where i can find touch-base kext?

I only know this site 

http://v6download.touch-base.com/downloads/upddui/macos/upddui.dmg

and after install that, don't reconize my touchscreen. but i must to insert manually and send to them.

For SD Card, i know the issue, but my system know my device vendor id and product id, but don't see my card at all.

So at least reading the card for me is good result.

@Jake Lo, My touchpad seems to be working fine with Whitedragons file. When clicking the option for it in system preferences I have no option to change anything.

I remember on my last laptop I had the choice of using this kext or another kext that gave me all of the options but not sure if you can do that for this model. Either way it is working fine just unable to do sideswipe for webpages so it must be quite basic.

• Moderators

@Elliot7270

This model is equipped with an Alps touchpad, so you could try the one that supports v7 or v8 by Dr Hurt. You can search for it in the forum.

So it sounds like VoodooPS2Controller by Acidanthera don't produce anymore function than ApplePS2Controller, but it does fix the Fn key for brightness and cap lock.

Strangely enough, acidanthera's kext does load on my E7470 system but the track stick movement is not the best. It take more pressure to move it, as oppose to ApplePS2Controller which is very smooth. I have yet to find the settings to fix it. Increasing tracking speed does not help so it must be hard coded somewhere.

As a side note, using a 3rd party app SmartScroll allows inertia.