d630 nvidia chipset 10.7.3 lion no audio

trevorcobb

installed lion 10.7 using the method described in the wiki here, thanks!! got it to boot and sound worked great using EDP tool.

installed 10.7.3 combo update and had major issues not being able to boot more than 2x out of 5x without getting stuck on a black screen instead of GUI loading.

i got a custom dsdt.aml and extensions folder from another user and now I can boot successfully *EVERY* single time without fail.

problem: no sound whatsoever

i have tried everything. the volume buttons work in that they make the volume level popup thingy come up on screen, but i can't hear the pop sound as i increase or decrease volume.

i have no voodoohda.kext or applehda.kext or alsx.kext in s/l/e

i have tried voodoo loader with the latest version voodoohda.kext. i have tried voodoo patcher after using the voodoohda.kext from the EDP 2.2. nothing works. please help!

Go to /System/Library/Extensions

Delete kexts beginning with AppleHDA in their name. Empty the Trash.

Install VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext to System/Library/Extensions using Kext Wizard or another kext installer of your choice.

This is the most update proof solution I've found.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as detailled in the first post except that sound is working. I 'd like to get rid of the blackscreen coming, from time to time, in place of the login screen since I have updated my D630 nvidia to 10.7.3.

If it is dsdt related, where can I find a good one?

Trevorcop, could you pass me your dsdt (ssdt?) and extensions folder so I can make a test? Thanks

I have already tryed to replace AppleAHCIPlatform.kext with the one from 10.7.1 but it is not solving the problem.

I have installed the last version of Myhack-tools and E.D.P. 3 and the black screen is gone.

I still have a few problem with the trackpad but I'll put the info in the E.D.P. 3 install forum.

Cheers

My config is : D 630 - nvidia GC - intel 3945 wifi - 4 GB ram - Proc. Intel T7250

Dear Syonagar,

Thanks for the info. Can I just select another PS2 kext and replace the one in /EXTRA or should I use another procedure?

I have not seen any option in EDP 3 that let me choose another kext (like it was the case with EDP 2).

Cheers