[Solved] Inspiron 15 3558: no Ethernet, no audio under Mojave

Usman156

I do have the same specs but, I'm not sure why it isn't working, I got the audio to work however by adding the AppleALC.kext to the kext folder in Clover, I configured the .plist file to boot with the argument alcid=3 and both audio and microphone work fine. On the other hand the Ethernet is not working at all, i think it has the Realtek RTL8111G-US but im not certain, i tried adding the RealtekRTL8111.kext with no luck, i'm currently using a USB tethered connection to use WiFi on the laptop, but i still want Ethernet functionality.

config.zip

• Moderators

You are not using the files you posted on the 1st post.

AppleALC and RealtekRTL8100.kext are in the kext/Other folder as well.

RealtekRTL8111.kext is wrong.

Use the files in the 1st post should get everything working. 

You probably missed a step to copy the files from the USB installer to the installed EFI partition after installing Clover

Ok so I copied them to my EFI/ Clover/ kext/ Other folder and there's no change, should I use Kext Utility to install it?

It's not showing ethernet in Network settings,

Would it matter if my Mac is running Mojave instead of Catalina

• Moderators

You don't need kext utility to copy kext to /E/C/K/Other. Just simply copy and paste. 

You should copy and replace all the contents in your 1st post into /EFI/Clover, not merge.

Yes, will work for Catalina, Mojave and High Sierra.

I don't know it just doesn't work, I brought all the files back, but it there's no Ethernet detected in system profiler, and when I added usbinjectall.kext that made the USB ports output less power, so I just removed that one specifically. 

Ok here's what I've got:

Usmans-MBP:~ usmansohail$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

/ locked; waiting for lock.

Lock acquired; proceeding.

KernelCache ID: 03DA53C66CF8C3DB33EFD33F068B74DB

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fecf4c1adc0 [0x7fff9b9018e0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8100" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fecf4d01a80 [0x7fff9b9018e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8100" }

Usmans-MBP:~ usmansohail$