Optiplex 3050: failing to boot the USB installer

adala

I got the system to install and made clover on the boot drive, now the sound doesn't work and also wifi 

Those are my last two things to fix 

I tried to use the plist that was left that fixed the HDMI sound but it made my system turn off when booting into it at the home screen 

I edit my plist to add the ram into the SMBIOS so the system boots correctly 

Whats a good wifi card to swap out in this system for it to work

I have a 3050 Micro OptiPlex that I just cannot get to install Catalina. This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh build so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I've grabbed your posted configs and used them, however I just stay stuck on the black screen with the Apple logo. 

OptiPlex 3050 Micro

i5-7500T @2.7

16GB RAM

256SSD

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm at the point of giving up but would really love to see this working.

CLOVER.zip

OMG thank you so much, it was the memory part that was causing my issues! I'm seeing a progress bar for the first time so that's something. Haven't done your fix to fix the pink issue, I'll try and understand that if needed.

Thanks again!

• Moderators

Verify if your ethernet is enabled in the BIOS and that it's indeed a Realtek and not Intel

For audio, you have layout-id = 31. Change it to 3, 11 or 13. 11 is made for an Optiplex, the rest are for laptops I believe.