Dell XPS 9550: low wireless speed

djuby

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK. I think I found a solution to the problem. It may not be the right one, but at least my ping times to my local router are consistent and the same before and after sleep. WiFi is stable, so is Bluetooth. AirDrop is on and off - sometimes it works and finds devices on the network, sometimes it does not. So, what I did to fix the WiFi is I updated the following kexts to the latest version possible and removed any patches related to BCM from the config.plist file. Here is the list of kexts currently in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder related to WiFi and Bluetooth:

- AirportBrcmFixup.kext

- BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

- BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

- BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

I think it won't hurt to update Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext too.

Hope this helps others having issues with DW1830 WiFi adapter.

Best regards.

• Administrators

That Bluetooth-related setup is incorrect.

You never said if you use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5GHz. If this is the case, there could be a chance that, on wake, your laptop picks up the 2.4GHz network for which there is interference from Bluetooth. If at all, possible, differentiate 2.4 from 5GHz network using different SSIDs, then compare behaviour.

NB: no double post on the forum please.

• Administrators

It appears you chose to use NonPatchRAM2 AND PatchRAM3 and inject kexts that are not for injection but caching... I would suggest you read up on the matter and opt for the latest Bluetooth injector/firmware patching build (v2.5.3 last time I checked), especially if you inject kexts rather than cache them. Right now, you're doing things incorrectly.