myHack 3.0

hepto

Hi -

I notice that myHack has been updated to 3.0 which adds in some automatic installation of Chameleon and some other bits and bobs. Normally, you'd let EDP do the post-installtion stuff.

So my question is whether you can use myHack 3.0 or does the post-installtion stuff it does conflict with EDP?

I need to re-install but don't have a copy of mHack 2.2 anymore - can anyone send it to me please?

Cheers!

Hi -

I notice that myHack has been updated to 3.0 which adds in some automatic installation of Chameleon and some other bits and bobs. Normally, you'd let EDP do the post-installtion stuff.

So my question is whether you can use myHack 3.0 or does the post-installtion stuff it does conflict with EDP?

I need to re-install but don't have a copy of mHack 2.2 anymore - can anyone send it to me please?

Cheers!

I have been trying to create a USB pen using myHack 3.0 and I can't get it to work on my D620. I've followed instructions from myHack and from here. I have a perfectly working D620 10.6.8 which I installed using the old method here to create a USB pen.

I'd like to try myHack 2.2 until 3.0 works, but like the OP here I need a copy of myHack 2.2.

Or, I'll just create USB pen using the old method here, BUT I can't remember it! Getting old. Do you do a Restore from Disk Utility to the USB pen, then install Chameleon and EDP to the pen?

I'm trying out unifail.com to create the USB stick and then following the guide as is. This doesn't seem to do any post-install stuff so EDP should have a clean slate to start with.

Will post back if it works and anything I had to do differently.

I can confirm that unifail works also!

The steps I took :

1 - create unifail USB install up to step 2 of the unifail.com guide. (Note that I did *not* choose the 'laptop' support as we will add that in ourselves with the bootpack.)

http://tonycrapx86.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/unifail-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

2 - replace Extra folder on USB with osxlatitude bootpack. (Note that this folder is hidden by unifail so will need to un-hide it.)

3 - boot to USB and install Mac OS X.

4 - when complete, boot to USB again but choose the internal drive in Chameleon screen.

5 - Run through Lion setup.

6 - when at desktop, install EDP 2.2

7 - run EDP, install Chameleon, then do the EDP build.

Enjoy!

• Administrators

Hi hepto & woodman,

From what i've read, its seems that myhack 3 will install a generic extra to the usb installer. Try to run myhack again after preparing the usb installer, select Install Extra and use the bootpack from the wiki. Just make sure mach_kernel is boot with -f flag to ignore the extensions cache to be safe.

As for first boot after installation, again run myhack from the usb installer (from what i've read its in the utilities menu) and install the bootpack to the new osx installation. After booting into os x for first time, run EDP and rebuild the extension cache in E/E and S/L/E with myfix and reboot.

Cheers!

I have been trying to create a USB pen using myHack 3.0 and I can't get it to work on my D620. I've followed instructions from myHack and from here. I have a perfectly working D620 10.6.8 which I installed using the old method here to create a USB pen.

I'd like to try myHack 2.2 until 3.0 works, but like the OP here I need a copy of myHack 2.2.

Or, I'll just create USB pen using the old method here, BUT I can't remember it! Getting old. Do you do a Restore from Disk Utility to the USB pen, then install Chameleon and EDP to the pen?

• Administrators

Dear all,

I have done some testing and my first post above need to be corrected.

First of all, myhack 3 and EDP is not compatible at the moment using the wiki method, bootpack Extra and EDP.

Here is what I found so far:-

(a) myhack 3 will automatically install a generic Extra and myHack.kext in the /S/L/E

(b ) myfix will basically pack all kexts in Extra into the myHack.kext in the /S/L/E (apart from others such as repairing permissions, etc.)

(c ) some kexts in bootpack Extra is duplicating with those in myHack.kext (e.g. FakeSMC, etc.).

(d) Just to recap, EDP will install 0EDP.kext in Extra and /S/L/E

So, mixing myhack 3, bootpack Extra and EDP is a no go at the moment.

However, the following may be able to solve some problems in preparing usb installer and first boot configuration:-

(a) After preparing the usb installer with myhack 3, install bootpack Extra and don't forget to remove myhack.kext from /S/L/E. After that boot mach_kernel -v -f to ignore all the kernel and kext caches created by myhack 3

(b ) For post install configuration, on first boot, just run EDP. Avoid running myfix at the moment. You will need to use kext utility for example to repair permission and rebuild the kernel caches before rebooting.

Please try and let me know. We are as always working on solution to these problems :rolleyes:

Cheers!

• Like 1

Many thanks Syonagar. Would be good to have a note at the top of the wiki as a warning about myhack3 compatibility and a link to this thread about progress and work around if people want to use/test myhack 3.

Would it be possible to osxlatitude to host myhack 2.1 with authors permission for the moment?

• Administrators

Dear sipart,

We are discussing with Conti (myhack creator) on possible fixes to include in myhack 3.1 for osxl users. We may then need to update the wiki if necessary.

Cheers!