D820 Trouble installing

IamSam

I have followed the Hackmi installer from the Wiki and redid my USB stick several times.

When it gets to a bout 45 seconds worth of loading the screen goes blank.

System Specs:

Bio Version = A10

Processor Type = Intel ® Core™ Duo processor

Current Clock Speed 2.0 GHz

Video Controller = Quadro NVS 120M

Video Bios Version = 005.072.022.021.164.000

Video Memory = 256 MB

This is where I started posting and felt I should create my own thread. There are a couple of things that were tried and failed there.

Original post

Also keep in mind I have tried several install methods and they all stop at the same place.

Any thoughts or help would be great :)

Thanks,

I'm not 100% certain what the version is. 2.2 I think, but is was from two weeks ago around the 10th so more then likely version 2 of some sort.

I see a post from yesterday now that version 3 is out. Are you thinking that I should give that a try? Or is there an older version?

Thanks,

Dang, that 2.1 did not do the trick, no difference. I also tried the latest 3.0. Neither helped.

The installer starts to load and several pages of Kexts etc load and the screen goes blank and the action stops on the USB drive.

See Video

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi sam,

It seems that quite a few post on d820/d830 is having problem with graphics. I have a feeling its related to the dsdt.aml

Anyway, on your usb installer, can you try to move all the GeForce*.kext and NV*.kext (i think these are the graphics kexts for NVidia) from the System/Library/Extensions to somewhere safe and boot from chameleon with mach_kernel -v -f. If it boots into the gui at least we know its related to the graphics kexts.

Apart from that, you are trying to install snow leopard right? Lion wont work on a core duo cpu.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Dear sam,

From your first post, I saw that your machine is core duo. Its not a core 2 duo? For your information, lion will not work on a core duo. It needs at least core 2 duo as it runs in general in 64 bit mode.

Cheers!

Ok, now that I have that figured out. Thanks for the clarification.

I picked up a core 2 duo processor from a computer shop that my buddie owns and will maybe do the install tonight of the new processor.

I'll post my success/failure in the next few days.

Thanks,

Ok I got the new, used processor in and sure enough I now have Lion installed.

Next it's figureing out what to do with WIFI

I am also having an issue with Video. I have the NVidia Graphics.

I went through the wiki but am just getting 1024X768

And the About This Mac does Say it's the GeForce Go 7400 256MB

Thanks