Problems with BCM94360NG

brainyboy345

hey I recently got catalina almost fully working on my dell latitude 7370(non touch version). I ordered the bcm94360NG as it said it would work out of the box but upon installing, it shows up but the WiFi keeps glitching turning on and off and not functioning properly. I am new to computers but I think it may have something to do with the triangles at the top of the card. My old card (Intel 8260NGW) had 2 white triangles and 1 black triangle. But the bcm94360ng card has 2 black triangles and one white. I tried the two antennas on both and even opposites and still had same problems with WiFi. Any help in explaining and alternative solutions. Appreciative of any direction. Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

BCM94360NG cards are 2 x antennas. One is main, the other auxiliary and it's normally written on the label. The only macOS-compatible M.2 card I know of with 3 x antennas is the DW1830. You may consult our macOS compatible M.2 cards and/or our BCM4350 pinned threads for illustrations.

Bottom line is that if you got a card with 3 x antennas, it's unlikely to be a BCM94360NG.

• Administrators

Arf, not only are you seeing seeing double, you're imagining things too!

So let's clarify what most of us see on your picture:

• there's only 1 x triangle symbol for each antenna connector (I'm shortsighted but can't see 2 x whites on the Intel nor 2 x blacks on the Broadcom)
  • black means main, white means aux (it's actually written under them on the Broadcom card)
  • your imagination led you to miss the simple fact that numbers 1 and 2 are basic indexes, meaning connector #1 and connector #2

Since you're new to computers, I suggest you do some Google searches and readings about wireless cards and their connectors in order to learn a thing or two...

Now that we got the obvious and elementary things behind us brainy boy, one would be expected to connect the black cable on the black connector and the white cable on the white connector. Given that you've already tried to swap antenna cables without any improvement and assuming your antennas are fully and securely hooked to the card's connectors, your card could be defective or your setup could be wrong (incorrect Clover config, unnecessary kexts causing interference, etc.). I'd tend to lean towards the latter. You'll have to provide details of the setup you use for any further assistance.

Sorry for the mixup. I have fully tightened it and tried switching antennas, both caused no change so it may be a kext problem. OSX is identifying the card. I have included my clover folder which is basically from Jake Lo. I will add that the card performed perfectly in another os (prime os) it connected to bluetooth and wifi and didn't drop at all. Whenever I do a fresh install of osx with this clover folder, theres issues.  

CLOVER 7370 .zip

• Administrators

Your Clover config would gain from a generous cleanup but I saw nothing that should affect wireless. I did not spot anything in the kexts that could affect wireless either, nor in the ACPI tables. But if you say you have issues whenever you make a fresh install with your Clover setup, I suggest you look into it. Maybe it's not fully tuned/applicable to your hardware. I also invite you to add your system's specs in signature like most of us do.