Move from Clover to OpenCore

eilatuno

• Administrators

Hardly any discussion/threads/posts about OC on this forum. Given the amount of issues reported with OC at InsanelyMac, you may wish to stick to good old Clover. OpenCore is still quite far from being what most of us consider mature yet. But, by all means, feel free to experiment and post your results/feedback.

OC is pretty new, indeed. But it's growing pretty damn fast.

The way you should start is with a good backup. :) 

Personally I did move (almost) full time to OpenCore, for testing, and I gotta say, I like it. However, I'm on a desktop. So hardware will definitely be different. Still, I think you should give it a try.

Also, it is fairly well documented. And there are guides to help you get starting.

For example, you can start reading more about it here. And for more info, check out the Configuration PDF here. Also, since you will also probably need some corresponding patches from Clover to OpenCore, you can check out this page (especially the config conversion part).

Again, I would highly suggest always having a bootable USB with your botoloader of choice (for now, keep Clover close, you will most likely need it). :)