E6400 WiFi

pc-bastler

Hi,

I have an E6400 with OS X 10.7.3 running, it works fine so far. I get some KPs at booting and sleep does not work, but those are minor problems.

My main issue is that I cannot get WiFi to work.

The E6400 was originally equipped with an intel WiFi Link 5300 which is not supported. So I decided to get me an Atheros AR9280, according to several sources on the net it should work fine with Lion.

I installed the card, but it broke keyboard/mouse. The only thing I can do is moving the mouse. I cannot even click a username to log in to the machine. I tried internal trackpad as well as an external bluetooth mouse (Dell), no clicks are accepted. When I switch off WiFi the machine works fine again.

Do you have any suggestions how to get the Laptop working?

Hi,

I have an E6400 with OS X 10.7.3 running, it works fine so far. I get some KPs at booting and sleep does not work, but those are minor problems.

My main issue is that I cannot get WiFi to work.

The E6400 was originally equipped with an intel WiFi Link 5300 which is not supported. So I decided to get me an Atheros AR9280, according to several sources on the net it should work fine with Lion.

I installed the card, but it broke keyboard/mouse. The only thing I can do is moving the mouse. I cannot even click a username to log in to the machine. I tried internal trackpad as well as an external bluetooth mouse (Dell), no clicks are accepted. When I switch off WiFi the machine works fine again.

Do you have any suggestions how to get the Laptop working?

I'm having trouble getting my E6400 with ML 10.8 to work with the DW 1501 (Broadcom) wifi card. So far everything else works fine only this is not.

I've installed the IO80211Family.text but still no go...any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

I've done all of that. Let me specify, this is a DW 1501 not the DW 1510, will this work in my setup?

If you are still game, try the Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext from here. It might help.

1. Backup IO80211Family.kext from S/L/E, then remove it.

2. Use kext utility to install Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext