E7440: Trouble installing Catalina

MatrixHack

12 hours ago, eC//FrEaK said:

It would be nice to know some more of your system specs... WiFi, etc...

Thank you very much for the folder and serial.

last seen , i got to know it is intel 7260. have you tried the AppleIntelWifi patches yet ?

Update : I couldn't boot with that Clover folder you provided do you know why ? ( Actually I was trying to update to 10.15.5 )

UPDATE : I saw the graphics 'Íntel' in config.plist was set to NO. is it correct ?

9 hours ago, arsradu said:

You can copy that EFI... But I would recommend updating and (if necessary) cleaning up the existing installation. At least that's yours.

Yes, I copied that and it worked smoothly. didn't upgrade when I copied though ! will do it now before updating to 10.15.5

do some cleanup, in case you have duplicated drivers

that's one more reason I wanted a clean EFI.

By the way, make sure your drivers actually ARE present in drivers/UEFI or drivers/BIOS before you decide to delete drivers64UEFI and drivers64.

Yeah ! I did check that , Thank you very much !

Uhm... you still have ApfsDriverLoader.efi in drivers/UEFI right? I don't think this has anything to do with apfs, but just check that it's there.

Also, you seem to use some really weird kexts. :)) IntelMausi can be downloaded directly from Mieze. I didn't know Acid guys also have their fork for it...I guess that could work, too. But..if you're not using OC, I would keep Acidanthera stuff to a minimum. They're generally made for OpenCore.

By the way, in case you're using Clover Configurator, that also has a Kext updater section on the left hand side. You can use that to update your kexts easily. You don't need to outsource them from all over the internet.

If you want, you can remove the stuff from your SMBIOS and upload your EFI folder here so we can take a look.

Uploaded the correct kext for Ethernet in case you wanna use it. But first check out yours. You seem to have it already. So... there should be only one. And if you still need IntelMausiEthernet, you can use the attached one.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext.zip

10 hours ago, arsradu said:

ApfsDriverLoader.efi in drivers/UEFI right?

yes I had them correctly, I just updated some kexts and that caused the problem

They're generally made for OpenCore.

does open core work with our system ?

Uploaded the correct kext for Ethernet in case you wanna use it

that Timeout came long after the apfs thing had stopped, so I guess it's not a problem with Ethernet ?

I've uploaded the EFI/CLOVER I'm currently using, please have a look and let me know what went wrong !
AND ALSO, I'm not having proper audio :-(

EFI.zip

Oook...

Kexts folder...

As I told you, you have 2 Ethernet kexts. Please, remove IntelMausi.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext, download the one above, and place it in Clover/kexts/Other.

Also, make up your mind. Are you using FakeSMC or VirtualSMC? :)) You should not be using both. So please, remove VirtualSMC from your kexts, for now. Let's use FakeSMC.

You're using a bunch of kext (probably normal for a laptop). I can't help you with those, since I don't know exactly what they do, or if you really need them.

Drivers folder...

Again, make up your mind. You want FakeSMC or VirtualSMC? If you want FakeSMC, then please, remove VirtualSMC.efi from your drivers. Also, you're disabling VboxHfs in config, but you don't even have it in your drivers folder... So...what are you disabling?

ACPI/patched folder...

About sound...we can discuss that after we get your computer booting. Looks like you're using some custom SSDT but also AppleALC kext... Which I'm not sure are supposed work together. So...maybe try without the SSDT and let AppleALC do its job. You can just place that SSDT-ALC292.aml outside the /patched folder, if you don't want to delete it.

Also, you've got a LOT of SSDTs... Do you need all of those? I see some of them which seem to be for renaming USB (from EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02)? I could be wrong.

But...if that's what they're for, that can be easily achieved from config (and it looks like you already set it there, too!)... I think one place is enough! No need to do it from SSDT and also, config.

Also, you seem to be using a patched DSDT along with (probably also) patched SSDTs. Which is never a good idea. Either you put everything in one patched DSDT and basically make sure everything you need IS already included there. Ooor...you just add your custom SSDTs for the stuff you need and let the original DSDT do its job.

In this particular case, I don't even know what to recommend you... See? This is exactly why you don't just download EFIs without understanding what's inside them. :) 

Personally I would move that DSDT out of the way, as well and test without it.

Config.plist...

About the iGPU, looks like you're adding device properties (including AAPL,ig-platform-id) from config. So...do you still need ig-platform-id in Graphics and Inject Intel ON? I'm not sure... I'd say probably not, but again, it could be a laptop thing.

Also, in config -> System Parameters, if you don't load your kexts from S/L/E, you can set Inject Kexts to Yes instead of Detect. And, to be honest, I would recommend using all your custom kexts from EFI, rather than L/E or S/L/E. Why? Because you tend to forget about them, and then you'll have duplicated kexts and not knowing where do they come from. So...keep it all in EFI. It's a lot easier to manage, in my opinion.

Once you're done making these changes, try again. :)

About OC...I'm not using it on a laptop, but I think it does work. However, it's a lot different than Clover. And...I would suggest reading and understanding everything before diving nose first into it. :) Cause it might hurt.

If, however, you wanna give it a try, a few things I wanna tell you:

1. know your hardware! This is incredibly important. Especially on a laptop! Laptops are notoriously harder to hackintosh, due to their different hardware and implementations.

2. make a backup of your current, working EFI folder!

3. when you're done with that, make ANOTHER backup to the first backup, and then one more, just for good measure. I'm not kidding. Well, ok, I'm half kidding. But believe me. You're gonna thank me later. Make sure you always have a working USB drive you can boot from.

4. take your time to read! This is not gonna be a walk in the park. You need time and patience. 
With that being said, here's an awesome guide to get you started. It's still a very technical text, but it's a lot easier to read and understand than other similar documents on OC.

5. OC doesn't have an installer. And I'm not sure if it will. Maybe some day. But until then, everything you do is directly operating inside that EFI folder.

If you still wanna do it, I wish you good luck! :) 

• Thanks 1