Wifi on a Latitude 5480 not working

rrossilva

Hi,

I'm new on this and I just made my first Catalina installation of an OSX on a Dell Latitude 5480. I followed several topics and merged a lot of things to make it boot and install.

Everything works, except WIFI. I can see new devices on Bluetooth, touchpad words great, sound is ok, Ethernet connection works, but I see no WIFI devices. Bios was set as in a topic here also.

Can someone help me, please? I searched everywhere and I don't know what to do.

Follow my EFI.

Edit..

Just tried a Tp-link usb wifi and a generic usb wifi and it won't work. LED on dongle isn't coming up too. Flash drive and mouse works fine on USB.

EFI.zip

• Moderators

What wifi device does it have?

If it's not DW1560, then you should remove SSDT-7560-DW1560.aml

Remove IntelMausiEthernet.kext, IntelMausi.kext is newer, does the same

Update Sinetek-rtsx with version 2.2, version 1.0 is readOnly

While you are at it, update Lilu.kext, Whatevergreen.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext and AppleALC.kext

Use Kext Updater.app, quite convenient, all in one place.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just updated all kexts and removed  IntelMausiEthernet.kext. How can I remove SSDT-7560-DW1560.aml? I can`t find it.

Another question, when I remove/add kexts, I need to update de config file?

Thanks

--Edit

I removed SSDT-7560-DW1560.aml, didn`t change config.plist, rebooted and it still don`t work. How can I make sure what kind of wifi I have?

--Edit2

Just found it, it`s Qualcomm QCA61x4A and it`s not supported. I`ll try to change it or to make my usb dongle to work. Thanks for the help