E7270: trouble installing Mojave

TheSparctan

Hey

Ive been having a lot of issues, this is my first hackintosh afterall. I eventually got it to the macOS boot logo. It slowly creeps across the screen and eventually loads.... And nothing happens. The "bar" completely fills up and the nice installer GUI never appears. Im new to this, but I do know 95% of the time anyone who wants to try to help me will also want a log file. Im not sure where to look for that but if someone can assist me on finding that I'll post it to help you help me. 

I did find "debug.log", So I uploaded it, I'm not 100% of thats what would help but hopefully. Side note, I saw the page explaining how to generate logs, I cannot get the system to boot to anything so that probably won't be much help.

Thanks in advance

debug.log.zip

Yeah I'm actually trying to install and use Mojave... I'm definitely doing a lot of things wrong, spoiler alert. 

tonycrap's installer got me about as far as I could get, but yeah I could imagine you guys not supporting anything else. Ive tried yours a few times to no success. Ill try some more and get some logs and debug information together then edit this post with it included, But I think the attached pic should help.

I think when I tried your method, my laptops been getting stuck on a "AFPS" related.. issue? I don't see any concerning errors. See attached photo. I won't lie, I'm new to this and I don't explicitly understand 100% of the guide. When I started I didn't even know what to do with the "bootpack" (I figured to just copy it into the clover folder and merge with existing ACPI folders and put the kexts where they belong in the kexts/other folder)? 

Also, I'm pretty unclear on what to do with the "Move to library extensions" kexts. I dug through folders and found a library/extensions folder inside of the base system DMG inside of the installer app. I literally cloned the DMG file with the vanilla files + the LE kexts and replaced the vanilla base system image with it. I basically know thats not how to do that but I have literally no idea how to otherwise do it, This is my first attempt at all of this.

I know for a fact I'm doing a lot of things wrong, and I won't lie Im sure you probably feel like I'm pretty brainless on this one. I also don't know which kexts exactly to use, But, Ill use the ones you pointed me to. I don't have a particular preference between high Sierra or Mojave, I just picked Mojave because its newer and seems less complicated to install. 

In the meantime while you figure out how the heck to help me, big task, Im going to start from scratch with the Mojave guide specific to this laptop model. In case the logs didn't tell you, I'm running a E7470, 8GB RAM, 256GB Micron 1100, Dell BIOS 1.5.3, i5-6300U

Thanks a bunch for any help you can/will take the time out of your day to offer me. Your help is really really appreciated. 

WIN_20190710_19_20_52_Pro.jpg?width=1039

Thank you, Ill keep that in mind and try again, You're talking about the Mojave section of "E7x70 - Clover UEFI..." right? And one last question. The BIOS modding and meddling about mentioned at the top of that page, Is it possible to avoid the need to modify the BIOS that by adding the 2 kexts mentioned, to the folder along with the bootpack kexts? If not, where should they go?

Thanks again

• Moderators

NO longer need to modify DVMT but you do need to set BIOS according to the guide. UEFI/AHCI/Secure boot off (most important)

The patch if for NVMe drives mentioned, you SSD is not an NVMe, so you could ignore it.

• Like 1