E7270 with OpenCore: TouchScreen works

oegoeh

hi,

Building on this thread, my touchscreen is work on e7270 on Mojave/Catalina using VoodooI2C release 2.3 , for satelite kext is VoodooI2CHID.kext and VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext. All gesture work on touchscreen except rotation.

bootloader using OpenCore 0.5.9 no need to patch SSDT, also work on OC 0.5.7 and 0.5.8

Hi Jake,

Herewith my EFI (serial remove). And for touchpad my e7270 using ALPS V8 and using voodooPS2contorllerV8:

EFI e7270 - Opencore 0.5.9.zip

No SSDT patch for I2C/touchscreen.

Brigthness function still use Fn+S / Fn+F6 (decrease) and Fn+B (incease), still workin on it for map to Fn+F11/Fn+F12

BIOS with latest update for e7270 from Dell website

Edited by Hervé
Removed unncessary quoting

• Moderators

@oegoeh

Tested your OC files on my E7270 without touchscreen. 

I disabled all the I2C stuff pertaining to the touchscreen

Issues:

Sleep shuts down computer and encounter KP error message when started up again which means sleep isn't working. Is it working for you?

Graphics has a hazy color //fixed it by removing AAPL,GfxYTile and AAPL00,override-no-connect patches from Device Properties

I was able to enable Brightness control with Fn+F11 and Fn+F12

Also added kext to enable Realtek SD Card reader

I have been able to put together some files and have sleep working on my E7270 and E7470 if it doesn't work for you either.

in mine sleep not reallly working good, if too long sleep it goes black screen. not yet touching more for the sleep function coz usually I'm shuting down my Laptop if not use it.

my graphic is working properly, I'm forget to get set normal after patch using hackintool (2048 MB) but is OK on mine.

on Cinebench get 714 for CPU and 331 for single core. Is good result or not?

My system using 1 TB NVMe Patriot P300, 16 GB PC2133 and 4 OS (Catalina, Mojave, WIn 10 and Ubuntu DDE).

How to enable Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 ? until today can't get work for it.

And what kext for enabling Realtek SD Card reader?

Edited by Hervé
Removed unnecessary quoting

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your attention and apreciated.

test your SSDT but Brightness not working on mine. herewith the log :

974256217_ScreenShot2020-05-28at14_14_18.thumb.png.ceb6e6531f77d3548720522eefb4f319.png

maybe must patch GFX0 to IGPU

how to check SD Card? I don't have SD Card for testing.

Edited by Hervé
Removed unnecessary quoting

UPDATE:

- Brightness is working for Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 after replace IGPU on your SSDT-BRT6.aml to GFX0.

Any clue for disable brigthness on Fn+S/Fn+F6 (decrease) and Fn+B(increase) ?

- Card reader is show on PCIe Hackintool, should I add to device properties?

1094104744_ScreenShot2020-05-28at14_41_20.thumb.png.a4658454e81eca433699435c52662907.png

• Administrators

We recently posted an article about Realktek PCIe card readers (click on Home to get there) and there is also a dedicated thread about them in the Card Readers section. Please refer to that. Of course, without an SD card, you won't be able to do/test much thereafter...

NB: quoting messages as a reply facility is not appropriate nor desired. Please use the Reply box available at the bottom of each thread. Thank you.