Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

So far so good. Another issue I have just found yesterday was that of printer. I connected my HP p1005 Laser Jet printer USB port, after installing the driver I am unable to print any documents. Either it is showing in Hold/Pause mode or simply "Printer is not ready". I was unable to print any test pages as well. It is a very strange issue to which I am clueless.

Joe I did searched for Slice's bootloader but I dont know if he had released a complete workable solution. I am going to reinstall OSX today using this packageto see if there is any improvement. Will keep you guys posted.

Greetings, glad you're up and running with SL and the 830. Couldn't help but noticing that your issues along the way have been very similar to mine (D630 X3100). I tried this "slice" b.loader, and my system kp'd upon restart. Let me know how it works for you. Cheers. ssprod

Mariusz can u find out why the d630 gmax3100 is only showing 1.81 ghz on about? Still haven't been able to solve that issue.

I tried playing with the smbios plist and setting it to a Late 2007 macbook which is imo a closer match .. both use a conroe 2.0 ghz core2 duo and then set the cpu speed to 2000 mhz ... but still 1.81 ghz under system profiler.

ty bro

here's the plist I made .. some idiot posted his serial number online so I snagged it.

smbios.zip

Mariusz can u find out why the d630 gmax3100 is only showing 1.81 ghz on about? Still haven't been able to solve that issue.

I tried playing with the smbios plist and setting it to a Late 2007 macbook which is imo a closer match .. both use a conroe 2.0 ghz core2 duo and then set the cpu speed to 2000 mhz ... but still 1.81 ghz under system profiler.

ty bro

here's the plist I made .. some idiot posted his serial number online so I snagged it.

This is due to chameleon is lowering bus speed. I have fixed this by using latest slice branch AnVAL (AnVAL5.1.4.zip). But slice's branch will fix this to.

Ya, but i mean more in terms of what modules to use and what not to...

Last time I tried slices bootloader .. and I'm not saying this to put down his work as it's brilliant but I ended up having to press enter a couple of times in order to boot from the loader. Is there a link to slice's newest boot loader? Sorry if I should know been horribly busy.

Actually .. Mariusz ..would it be possibe for you to zip your extra and slices loader up for the 630?