Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

Here is something else not working.

I'm having a WiFi problem with a D830 (Nvidia). Basically the card isn't being recognised. The card works properly with Windoze 7 but not Hackintosh. This Hackintosh has a fingerprint reader but the others don't. Could that be the problem? I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.5 and EDP 3.44 but I'm not sure what kind of WiFi card is installed so there's a photo of it below.

2cwr90k.jpg

Dear dellboy,

I looks like an intel wifi. It is not supported by os x. So you need to replace it with a supported broadcom wifi.

Cheers!

Ah! I have two D830s which came from different sources and they both have Intel cards. I shall try to source a couple of Broadcom ones. Thanks!

Update - @Syonagar. I fitted a DW 1490 card this morning and WiFi is working perfectly. Now, if I can just sort out the sleep issue I'll be 100%.

• Administrators

Dear gbrown,

If you have access to another os x machine you can run myhack from there without having to install snow leopard. Lion has two stage installation so the installer cant be boot directly from the app or retail usb.

Cheers.

Dear gbrown,

If you have access to another os x machine you can run myhack from there without having to install snow leopard. Lion has two stage installation so the installer cant be boot directly from the app or retail usb.

Cheers.

Thanx for the reply,

i have an hp mini 311 with snow leo on it. that'S what i use to run myhack and prepare my flash drive.

i've gone through the myhack process, also put the bootpack for the d830 nvidia but when installing, it ends up with an error message after partitioning disk with disk utility. it seems that as soon as the installer tries to start installing on the hard drive the message pop saying that if errors continue i'll have to reinstall.

weird!

i've successfully installed osx on various machines but this one is pain in the ***.

I'll give it one more shot...

ah! is it possible that the fact i use an 32 gb flash drive maybe the culprit?

thanx for any help.

gbrown