Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

Dear gbrown,

How much memory do you have on that machine?

Cheers.

4 gb installed...

tried with 1 2gb module to see if it's not a bad module causing the problem.

I've put osx ml on usb stick along with the corresponding bootpack and the installer went fine until the point where i select the hard disk and just after that, the crash log window appear saying that there is errors. cannot go further.

4 gb installed...

tried with 1 2gb module to see if it's not a bad module causing the problem.

I've put osx ml on usb stick along with the corresponding bootpack and the installer went fine until the point where i select the hard disk and just after that, the crash log window appear saying that there is errors. cannot go further.

I suggest you format the destination HD first. It always work!

I suggest you format the destination HD first. It always work!

Thank you very much you all and i continue trying to get that to work...

First, i'm pretty sure the bios is at a14 (i'm at work right now)

second, the hard disk has been prepared in disk utility just before the crash log viewer appears, when in disk util, i select guid partition table and format it journaled.

I've just tried another exact machine( d830 nvidia 140m) and the exact same issue happens.

also, in the bios the sata is set at ahci. (tried both settings, just to be sure)

If anyone have any hint, i will take and try it..:-)

thanx again

tried with npc=0x0.....

ok, i now have updated bios to A16 and the same thing happens exactly at the same place.

Spent 4 or 5 hours rebuilding my usb pen, tried with 10.7.4 lion, tried with 10.8 ML, tried many setup in bios

1 cpu 2 cpu ahci wireless off or on it always stop at the same place after accepting license and the crash log viewer appears saying that errors happens. And all that on two diferent d830 equipped with nvidia quadro 140m.

I can't understand why people here can install on this exact same machine and no one getting this error.

i've attached the log file created after the crash.

dunno if it can help!!Historique de Programme d’installation 6-Sep-2012.txt

i'm abandonning for tonight.

hope we can find the culprit...

• Administrators

Tried option "arch=i386" at USB pen boot time?

But, I must say, if you have the same issue with 2 different D830s, I'd point my finger to that installation USB key. May be you have a duff image to start with...

I've had no problem installing SL or Lion on a similar D830 ; mind you, no it was the 135m nVidia model, not the 140m.

Tried option "arch=i386" at USB pen boot time?

But, I must say, if you have the same issue with 2 different D830s, I'd point my finger to that installation USB key. May be you have a duff image to start with...

I've had no problem installing SL or Lion on a similar D830 ; mind you, no it was the 135m nVidia model, not the 140m.

Also have a 135m version at job, will try to see if the same issue happen again...

found another usb stick large enough and will try on different usb stick.

will let you know what happen!

thanx

ok! so today i tried with another usb pen, a 8gb (was using a 32gb) and with another 10.7.2 image, i rebuilded a new usb pen with my hack and again it didn't work stopping right after accepting license. the cras log appeared.

so i tought maybe it's the way i build my usb pen so tell me if what i do is the correct procedure...

1 Put my usb pen is usb port.

2 i use disk util to format it journaled 1 guid partition

3 Start my hack, select create osx 10.7.x install disk and select my usb pen.

4 browse to my osx 10.7.2 image, myhack detect it, mount it, erase all data on pen and start install, (one 900mb block and another one about 3,2 gb)

5 download the bootpack from here (d830 nvidia 10.7 extra folder) and replace the one on the pen with this one.

6 after that i use myhack and do full fix and eject the pen.

7 boot the d830 with this pen using -v to see what happen

8 when installer appear, i select language, and use diskutil to format and partition the 160gb drive.(guid and journaled)

9 close diskutil and continue installing selecting the drive i just partitionned.

10 accept agreement and right after this, crash log viewer appear.

is that all ok or i forget something??

note that i've tried all sort of setting in bios (that is at a16) hard disk is set to ahci.

Thanx again you all