Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

Last time I tried slices bootloader .. and I'm not saying this to put down his work as it's brilliant but I ended up having to press enter a couple of times in order to boot from the loader. Is there a link to slice's newest boot loader? Sorry if I should know been horribly busy.

Actually .. Mariusz ..would it be possibe for you to zip your extra and slices loader up for the 630?

Yes this was cause you used debugging enabled revision + you don't need ATI5000Enabler.dylib in modules. Try AnVAL.

BTW I have eddited my DSDT post now for D630/D830/D530. I'll add X3100 injeciton soon.

I used the guide but when it boots without usb pen it will boot all the way up but the display stays black if you press the volume up or down you can hear the tone so it does boot fully. In order for me to see the display I installed a graphics disabler package that puts all the graphics kexts in a disabled folder in s/l/e. The only resolution option in display is 1280x1024. Im wondering what is driving the display? How can i get the display to not be black after booting with the graphic kexts enabled? The machine is D830 x3100 Bios A15 SL10.6.6 I would include screen shot but Grab or Screen capture r not working. About this mac is showing 2GHz core2 dou 2gb 667 MHz ddr2 sdram.

This is due to chameleon is lowering bus speed. I have fixed this by using latest slice branch AnVAL (AnVAL5.1.4.zip). But slice's branch will fix this to.

I was just about to say AnVal 5.14 fixed the prob with FSB but you beat me to it bro. :) Upon further reading though Chameleon gets rather testy if you blame them for the issue since they say it's due to a bios issue. ie bios is setting the fsb wrong and normally windows ignores the value and sets the fsb properly but osx uses the bios output and does not adjust. There was a kext I tried called CPUmhzFix.kext that would also work but it was designed for a non vanilla kernel and caused lots of issues. For me, Anval works and what I'll be running till something better comes along.

Some also suggested there is a work around in dsdt for setting the fsb as well and we may want to consider that option since loaders come and go.

post-8-022893100 1297062332.png

I used the guide but when it boots without usb pen it will boot all the way up but the display stays black if you press the volume up or down you can hear the tone so it does boot fully. In order for me to see the display I installed a graphics disabler package that puts all the graphics kexts in a disabled folder in s/l/e. The only resolution option in display is 1280x1024. Im wondering what is driving the display? How can i get the display to not be black after booting with the graphic kexts enabled? The machine is D830 x3100 Bios A15 SL10.6.6 I would include screen shot but Grab or Screen capture r not working. About this mac is showing 2GHz core2 dou 2gb 667 MHz ddr2 sdram.

I encountered the same problem with my second install, when I used Mariusz DSDT package with Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r700. I would suggest you use Thud3rbolts (Joe) EDP as I have found it to be the best for my D830. Mind you I am getting 1.8 Ghz of processor, but this could be an issue with the bootloader. I used another bootloader made by Slic, it showed the processor at 2.0 Ghz, but the display was limited to 1024x768. Try reinstalling again this time use Joe's EDP. He have explained the method in one of his posts in this topic.

Best of luck.

Macluscious have u been able to get ur display to sleep. I think I got a good system working now now it time for tweaking. Things I'm looking to start working on now are sleep,the display doesn't turn off. I did notice the way the system sit right now if I do put it to sleep then wake it the track pad either goes nuts or doesn't work using voodoops2 and trackpad and display is still on. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Use my kextpack. Everything works including sleep as long as you use the wiki guide as well with exception to using a system pass ( not req'd). Also install use Anval 4.15 which I will include here. It fixes the fsb issue and your cpu will run at 2 ghz. I'm also including the geekbench results for those not using Anval to show the difference before ( with chameleon) and after with Anval 4.15. (noticeable improvement)

AnVAL5.1.4.zip

before.rtf

after.rtf

note: remove IOATAFamily.kext from my pack if you are running 10.6.6

cool.gif

I have been encountring a strange problem for 2 days now. The processor speed was being shown at 1.81 GHz but it automatically reduces to 1.09 GHz after couple of restarts. I will have to replace bootloader with AnVAL. Joe can you also a guide on how to manually install the AnVAL bootloader.