Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

I have been encountring a strange problem for 2 days now. The processor speed was being shown at 1.81 GHz but it automatically reduces to 1.09 GHz after couple of restarts. I will have to replace bootloader with AnVAL. Joe can you also a guide on how to manually install the AnVAL bootloader.

Want the quick and easy way? Silly question .. of course you do! :) If you already have installed chameleon simply delete the boot file from the root and replace with the boot file from Anval 4.15. --- tada! done.

I have tried a few different installs but still no success. I still keep ketting a black screen after it boots i have tried joes edp. made new install pens using a install dvd and the sld430 image but when i do that i cannot get display either for the installs i have tried -v -x and still get black screen when it boots the install disk it is booted fully but the display is black. Right now as i type i am using it but the only install i was able to get to work was using Nawcom mod cd and a osx install dvd and not selecting graphics enable. It has 10.6.6 running but when copy they contents of Joe's edp and delete the ioatafamily kext ,run the edptool, repair permissions then restart it boots fully but still get a black screen. Is the any other options or information I could provide to help me out. I will be installing Windows 7 on another partition so if there is any tools i need to download to get more info on the system what would they be. I does boot without usb right now like i said i am using it now to submit this post.

Ok i have been plugging away at this machine and i need some help. First off if i boot normal from hard drive i get a grey screen then a blue screen and that is it. So i reboot with -x -v and the when it boots what do my sleep deprived eyes see, it is the most amazing colorful and sharpest display i have ever seen except when i'm in windows 7 on this machine. I go into system preferences then displays, it is displaying in 1920x1200 with options for other resolutions. Now here are my questions. Can u guys help me figure out what is not letting this machine boot normal? Can u figure out from what is installed and running on this machine how this could be replicated for a fresh install? I really believe i have stumble on to something that u guys will be able to help with and be used to help other people. I have been at this for quite sometime now and this is best things i have come across. Also if you guys tell me to send you files and folders just let me know what u need. I asked this question in a previous post but is there some type of remote desktop for osx?

post-352-055590200 1297592866.jpg

post-352-039284700 1297592954.jpg

post-352-051983200 1297592969.jpg

• Administrators

ahh .. like that.. then i would suggest teamviewer.. however.. i will have a look at your extra.zip when i find some free time .. maybe some of the stuff can be added to EDP.

few questions:

1. What EDP are you using now ?

2. What bootloader are you using ?

3. What version of OSX ?

That is very nice PSPPlaya if you have been able to get such high resolution, currently I am stuck at 1280x800, and the display is not as crisp.

I did try Mariusz DSDT package but I was unable to get past the black screen, no matter which command I use I am pretty much stuck. Every thing is working fine in my Laptop except for the display. Honestly it is not that bad but I am striving for improvement.