Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

• Administrators

well till your all sorted out use pmVersion=21 at chameleon prompt...as for chameleon use rc5 rev655 or higher you can also try edp1.8 it has a chameleon package rc5 rev 747. and pmVersion=21 is already added in com.apple.boot.plist for your build.

after searching a lot I got something from insanelymac this is a package for D830 (at boot I see iHack something) at least now I am able to boot from hdd. there was some difficulty with mouse and that I fixed using EDP 1.6 still have overheating system. and shutdown / restart / sleep doesn't work.

If I shutdown the screen goes blank in few seconds and stays...I have to physically press the power button.

Also some times the system crawls....like I click somewhere and it just shows me the wait icon !! (tiny circle of colors !!!)

right now Im at office already I downloaded the combo update 10.6.6 and combo update 10.6.7 is downloading.

do I put 10.6.6 or directly 10.6.7 and for each of the update which EDP would be best ?

thanks in advance for all the help.

regards

Niranjan

• Administrators

your best bet is to go to the latest stuff 10.6.7 combo with edp 1.8, im not sure but you might have issues with the my hack installer you downloaded though. now this booting problem your having though is not normal if you formatted the disk correctly... it should be Guide partition not MBR and Do Not use casesensitive whatever you do, on format just use the default (wich i think off the top of my head is journald) once thats done and osx has installed then chameleon should work fine. update to 10.6.7 and all the other major crap thats not safari or itunes or quicktime (that you can do later at your leasure.) install edp 1.8 if you need it edp has chameleon under installer. but all this is on the wiki... well the main stuff. the boot cd i uploaded previously should get you started...