Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

• Administrators

it's a setting in your bios... forgot the name but it has to do with dynamic speed or over clocking the cpu basically something like it, you have to turn it off... it's been posted a few time in the forum on a few machines with the option or you have speedster off and it should be on.

it's a setting in your bios... forgot the name but it has to do with dynamic speed or over clocking the cpu basically something like it, you have to turn it off... it's been posted a few time in the forum on a few machines with the option or you have speedster off and it should be on.

Yes!!!

@Bronxteck

Thank you very much for the good idea. Your response was extremely fast. I changed BIOS option - Performace/Dynamic Acceleration to OFF, and after that Bus Speed increased to 800MHz as should be.

Until now I have managed following thinks to work on D830 and OS X:

• nVidia graphics G84M [Quadro NVS 140M] 1920x1200 QE/CI - mirrored mode works
  • Shutdown/Restart/Sleep
  • Bluetooth
  • Ethernet BCM5755M using /E/E/BCM5722D.kext
  • FireWire 02 Micro Inc IE1394
  • Fingerprint reader works via ProtectorSuite
  • TrackPad did not work well after Sleep. Installing VoodooPS2 problem solved also vertical & horizontal scroll now works

Original Intel wireless card does not work for well known reasons. I will purchase other card on eBay (looking for DW1505) to solve this problem.

so was EDP missing any solutions for you?

EDP has answer for almost every problem. Unfortunately I discovered that sleep does not always work. Sometimes LCD screen stays in black (despite bios system passwd workaround). Sleep works mostly. After successful returning form sleep, ethernet card does not work anymore. It says - Not connected - Status: Cable Unplugged.

Besides this minor problems I am very satisfied with EDP. I learned many system things about OS X, so I will definitely donate this project.

Yes!!!

@Bronxteck

Thank you very much for the good idea. Your response was extremely fast. I changed BIOS option - Performace/Dynamic Acceleration to OFF, and after that Bus Speed increased to 800MHz as should be.

Until now I have managed following thinks to work on D830 and OS X:

• nVidia graphics G84M [Quadro NVS 140M] 1920x1200 QE/CI - mirrored mode works
  • Shutdown/Restart/Sleep
  • Bluetooth
  • Ethernet BCM5755M using /E/E/BCM5722D.kext
  • FireWire 02 Micro Inc IE1394
  • Fingerprint reader works via ProtectorSuite
  • TrackPad did not work well after Sleep. Installing VoodooPS2 problem solved also vertical & horizontal scroll now works

Original Intel wireless card does not work for well known reasons. I will purchase other card on eBay (looking for DW1505) to solve this problem.

I have a D830 & Nvidia 140M graphics but the highest resolution is only 1280x800. Is my system laptop display the problem? Is there a D830 model for 1920x1200 display?

Thanks.

• Administrators

usually it will tell you in the bios what your native resolution is. then compare that with in org.chameleon.Boot.plist which might be set at 1280x800x32 and make changes as needed you can use chameleon wizard to simplify the process then save your changes.

• Like 1

I recently updated my SL 10.6.8 install with EDP 1.9 and it fixed pretty much everything. Truly awesome!

One problem I seem to have developed though, is that the App Store has stopped working. When I try to install or update from the App Store, I get this message:

'Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.'

This is new. It was working. Any ideas?

Bronxteck: Thanks for the help. So I checked for EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in the org.chameleon.boot.plist and it was there. I then deleted all networks, but I don't seem to have a networking plist, so I removed the IOFamilyNetworking.kext from my Extensions.mkext file. That actually solved some other issues I was having (like a new Ethernet device being created whenever I rebooted) but I am still having the App Store issue. Am I missing something?