Dell Latitude D830 Thread

macluscious

ok, i have another really stupid question...

i just got snow 10.6.8 booting from the "myhack edp" method on my newly acquired 830intel;, runs sweet, but which chameleon do you recommend as a bootloader?

i haven't installed an actual extra folder yet, i'm booting from the usb pen.

i used the 830/intel(2) boot pack if that helps clear things up.

thanx for any replies and/or help.

Dear dellboy,

Have you tried our standard bootpack from D830? There are several version of it here : http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/bootpack/

Cheers!

Thanks. Yesterday when I looked there the downloads weren't working but today the page looks different and they work. Maybe someone was updating the page?

I managed to get my D830 working by a roundabout route. I cloned the OS from my D630 onto the D830, booted from my installer pen drive, installed Chameleon, ran MyFix, rebooted, rebuilt using EDPtool 3 and everything seems to be working apart from the biometric reader which is telling me that fingerprints are already registered when they aren't.

I've now been playing around with various Dell models (D620, D630, D830 and, M65) for a while now and I am very impressed with what has been achieved but, the one thing which eludes me on all my Hackintoshes is sleep. I have tried all of the tips and tweaks but none of them enable sleep. It's not a major problem but it would be nice not to have to restart my applications and re-enter passwords after rebooting. It would be far more Mac-like just to open the lid and everything to be there ready for me.

Can anyone explain to me why it is so hard to get sleep working?

I have a d430 and a d620 (hi res nvidia graphics) and both sleep and wake fine (the 430 occasionally has a dimmed screen after wake which means it needs a reboot). Just followed the guide from this site. What steps have you taken?

I have a d430 and a d620 (hi res nvidia graphics) and both sleep and wake fine (the 430 occasionally has a dimmed screen after wake which means it needs a reboot). Just followed the guide from this site. What steps have you taken?

I just followed the guide too but they just won't wake up from sleep and have to be rebooted. Setting a password in the BIOS e.t.c. doesn't make any difference nor does using the latest EDP.