D430 VGA or other way for projector

elim

does it not work in extended view?

I connect my projector to the VGA out, my D430 is SL + XP dual boot, the projector works well for the laptop within XP. As for SL, the best I got is the Snow Leopard default background. No matter how hard I play with fn+CRT/LCD key combination, It ends up with hard power off.

Once connected have you tried going into System Prefs > Display and then trying 'Detect Displays'? (you can add an icon to the menu bar for quick access)

Tried everything that I can think of. Not working. Typically you can't even see anything: the system keeps trying to adjust the display itself and random color bars been flashing in and out...

Maybe it depends on the brand of the projector. Anyone has D430+SL success with a particular projector?

Thanks

• Administrators

the color bar is an issue of using mirrormode view instead of extended edp has a plist reset fix wich should get you back to extended mode, mirror mode is not supported has to do with macrovision encryption licensing.

the color bar is an issue of using mirrormode view instead of extended edp has a plist reset fix wich should get you back to extended mode, mirror mode is not supported has to do with macrovision encryption licensing.

Thanks Bronxteck. You explained the issue. Which plist I should look at, and how to fix it? Thanks a lot.