Latitude 3350: struggling to install Catalina

theawesomerb

• Moderators

IOREg file not exported, run this, save, compress and attach it 

Your mouse it most likely and Alps as does most Dell Latitude, only Inspiron and Precision have Synaptics touchpad.

Create a folder in kexts/Other call it Off, place the current VoodooPS2 there, then place VoodooPS2ControllerR6 in kexts/Other.

If it won't boot, you can disable it during boot and enable the old Voodoo.

here is attached , the required file , i'm trying VoodooPS2Controller-R6Bronxteck.kext while waiting for your answer, if things goes south i still have the bootable usb to boot in and get back the working voodoo kext from the folder kexts/Other/off

Edit : it DID work :) , hower i have to keep pushing hard at the mousepad in order to navigate efficiently ; otherwise it would cut,  left click works and right click too , scrolling works perfectly ;  should i try the others one by one ?

also about sound  using headset , i can't hear the sound with the same quality as i used in windows.

And when sleep mode is activated (when i close the screen for example , it can't get back on , the screen is gey )

MacBook.ioreg

• Moderators

Enable DellSMBIOsPatch in Config file under kernel and kext patches to fix the truncated name

Try replacing the voodoops2 from Hervé E7250 guide, it might have the fingerZ value modified to smoother movement. If not, look at instructions how to modify the FingerZ. Should be a bunch of guide here already talked about it.

Last resort, replace VoodooPS2 with ApplePS2Controller found in my E7470 bootpack, you can find it in my signature file. Only issue with that is you'll have to tap twice to enable CAPS and twice to disable, or Thrice to enable and once to disable.

For audio, add CodecCommander.kext in kexts/Other/CopyToLE to /Library/extensions. Repair permissions and rebuild cache. You can use Hackintool.app under Utilities to do it.

If still not working, try changing layout-id. You currently have 17 under devices, . Try the following, reboot after each change to see which works better. 

3, 13, 20, 86

Hello Jake lo,

sorry I took so long to confirm the fix, I was overwhelmed by some Excel work on this Hackintosh, works great with upgrading extra 4go Ram.

*for the mouse part , I went with your E7470, works I don't mind the caps bug, how ever there is no two fingers scroll.

*for the audio part, I did not find the "extension" folder in my system, I googled and looked around since you first answered, couldn't find a relevant tutorial to show it up.

----so I changed the channels using clover configurator, then in audio preferences balance, I switched it to all left / all right , the quality is good but drops as soon as I switch to full volume or switch back balance in middle , I can live with that.

*last but big problem I face right now as I was working with it, if I close the laptop and it goes to sleep mode and it takes me long to reopen it (example overnight) , as soon as I open the laptop again I face a black screen,  however if its for a short time period , like 30minutes , as soon as I open the screen and I hit the power button the login screen shows up.

---I tried to mess with the clover configurator  as shown in the capture, and for boot option I added slide=0.

I didn't find any solution so I'm asking here as last resort, being sure you'll find a way out :)  

Capture d’écran 2020-06-22 à 4.20.36 PM.png

• Moderators

1) Make sure you don't have other VoodooPS2* kext anywhere else.../L/E, /S/L/E, EFI/Clover/kexts/10.*

2) You can't find the /Library/Extensions folder? Try holding Shift+Alt+. (that's a period in case you don't see it, this will enable all hidden folders)

3) try adding to boot arg

darkwake=0

1- checked : no other voodoo anywhere else .

2-i can see it now , I have  hack tool but I don't know how to rebuild cache , for fixing permission there is a tool in Cleanmymac /olarilla tools, I'll do it once I fix the sleep problem (I'm afraid if something goes south 😢 )

3- doesn't work consistently ; sometimes it do sometimes not . any other option ?