Latitude E6410: High Sierra Boot Error

Lucas_Gazula

Hey There fellow Hackintoshers!

I have a Dell Latitude e6410 with 8GB RAM, i7 M620, and an NVIDIA NVS 3100M.

I want to install macOS which is higher than Sierra(High Sierra)(dumb joke I know). I know it's possible, but just need a working guide. Everything I've been finding has broken links, virus filled downloads, or non supported WiFi cards. 

If someone could write a PERFECTLY working guide, I would really appreciate it!

Here are my specs:

i7 M620

NVIDIA NVS 3100M

8 GB RAM

Original WiFi card.

I need WiFi, keyboard, trackpad, audio and the GPU to work.

Thanks!

I just need macOS to run. Yosemite, Sierra, or High Sierra, is fine for me. Thanks,

Lucas

• Administrators

You could try the hard way and follow the same process as detailed in my Latitude D630 guides for High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina:

Obviously, some of the files won't be re-usable (like the DSDT or kexts related to specific hardware like LAN card) but the overall process can be applied.

Or there is the easy way where you just follow the recent guides posted at InsanelyMac. A simple forum search on E6410 threads or a basic Google search will lead you there.

Of course, High Sierra is the last macOs version that supports your Tesla graphics natively and to the full. Mojave and Catalina require the specific tricks detailed on the guides to support Tesla graphics in OpenGL-only mode (no support for Metal).

NB: as per our published rules, no references to distros please; stay away from them, they're full of crap.