Dell Vostro 5568 - How to install High Sierra?

ubune

Bios version was 1.0.7 so I updated to 1.3.0

now all the settings you wrote are set in bios.

about pressing F4 do you mean in the clover boot menu? Because nothing happens when I press F4.

so after confirming this settings when I try to run the install it freezes here:

FC9A1F9F-083D-4E0E-BF56-0602B109145B.jpeg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I did copy the file and now it restart after about 60% of the boot process (I see Apple logo and the line is about 60%full).

this is what I get now.

5CF81A49-0BFE-4B63-A0D9-AC514FADE6CC.jpeg

I made a slow motion video with my phone and tried to make a screenshot of the boot process right before the list you see in the first photo, it’s quite blurry but I hope it can help.

3EFC4A59-CBEC-49A9-8EC7-B7018729EE4D.jpeg

• Moderators

Pressing F4 extracts DSDT/SSDT files to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin in the background, so you won't see anything going on.

The screenshot above seems to point to graphics error.

Check your Origin folder, if you see files then compress and attach the Clover folder here

If Origin is empty or not current (as in today's date) then empty the folder, reboot to Clover GUI, press F4

Now compress and attach the Clover folder 

I deleted the entire folder of efi and did everything for the beginning with all the changes that you and Syonagar told me to do and finally I managed to get into the installation menu!!

i want to thank you,Syonagar and Allan for your help it is not obvious that you’ll help someone you never met with so much patience! I really appreciate your help guys! I’m now going to try to install it on my vostro wish me luck :)