Dell Vostro 5568 - How to install High Sierra?

ubune

@Syonagar

Combo update didn't work for me too, I needed to make a new USB stick with the retail 10.13.6 installer and using my bootpack and boot into the OSX installation and updating the os from there directly.

this was the only way it worked from some reason (sorry, I forgot to mention in).

I don't have any problem when waking up from sleep, no flickering screen and I'm not using @woainba15 EDID injection.

What I can think of is that it has something to do with updating from 10.13.0 version to a new one, my first version was 10.13.5 clean installation (didn't have a problem with sleep in this version either) and then updating to 10.13.6 with a Retail version (not with the App Store update).

I only had the flickering screen problem when I installed  10.13.0 at the first time but then I formatted again the made 10.13.5 clean install.

I made a small video that shows that it works

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

@Tal Rahav

Thanks for your further information.

I tried you clover again and my Mac OS 10.13.6 managed to boot. I guess I must have used the wrong Clover folder previously.

Strangely I still have flickering after sleep. 

Can you attach the following kext from your "/System/Library/Extensions" folder please:-

AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext

AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

Thank you.