D630 comming in

clockwork247

After contemplating between the D620 and the D630, I've decided to go for the D630... primary because it's a newer model and the price is relatively the same (I got one off ebay for 135 shipped with the power core and batteries and it even comes with a small 80GB HDD)..

at any rate, the spec is this

T2750

Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG

2GB of ram (swaping out for 4gb, already ordered.... I wasn't gonna, but I accidently bought too much).

Intel Video

My plan is this.

I'm going mac OS on the primary HDD (probably the 80GB that comes with it. and I'm stuffing window 7 on the modular bay (need to buy the modular HDD bay for about 15 bucks)....

does that sounds ok? would I run into any big problem installing mac OS with the spec listed?

Guest ChAntoine

After contemplating between the D620 and the D630, I've decided to go for the D630... primary because it's a newer model and the price is relatively the same (I got one off ebay for 135 shipped with the power core and batteries and it even comes with a small 80GB HDD)..

at any rate, the spec is this

T2750

Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG

2GB of ram (swaping out for 4gb, already ordered.... I wasn't gonna, but I accidently bought too much).

Intel Video

My plan is this.

I'm going mac OS on the primary HDD (probably the 80GB that comes with it. and I'm stuffing window 7 on the modular bay (need to buy the modular HDD bay for about 15 bucks)....

does that sounds ok? would I run into any big problem installing mac OS with the spec listed?

Can't tell you in advance if you'r gonna run into trouble but for sure you need to know:

- read through the Wiki and grab the right packages (the EDP you'll want is for Intel graphics)

- de-activate your WiFi through BIOS (Intel Pro/Wireless are not supported)

- you'll probably have to cope with the graphic resolution of your screen (get those info in the Info section in the BIOS (should be first section)); if you happen to have a 1440x900 (great!), you'll need to get in addition the specific dsdt.aml from within the forum for high graphic resolution (can't remember where it stands)

- you'll perhaps have to boot with the '-v' (verbose flag): it quite always works for me (when without it, it KP (Kernel Panic) each time!!!)

- in case of trouble, read through the various experiments in this forum

- as a last resort, you'll maybe want to have a look to this part of the forum (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1027-install-osx-107-lion-on-d630-x3100/page__st__80__gopid__9051#entry9051) where some use myHack to manage having a D630 to work.

Go luck

i'm getting own pretty bad here, I tried to boot with verbose flag and got to a grey screen with the mouse pointer, but it's jam there, nothing else come up, can't even move the pointer... I'm at my end here, tried many times and nothing seems to work :(

right now I have a spinning wheel at the top left corner of the screen... it's been spinning for 5 min ready :). should I wait?

hi clockwork,

Looks like graphics issues to me. Did you installed the Extra bootpack from the wiki to your new os x system to get it up and running?

Cheers!

that might be it, but I did install the D630 intel boot pack from the wiki... I already formated the USB drive, so I no longer have it till i get back to my work place on monday (they have macs there I can use).

In the mean time I'm trying to create another USB pen using the window method described in the wiki but so far no luck, I'm getting stuck at the dd part, it just won't let me write to the USB pen drive (error 5 access denied).

So now i'm trying to download ubuntu and trying to create a usb pen that way...

I was able to get the USB pen using the D430 files, but it doesn't seem to work... getting a black screen.

d430 files always give a black screen after it's loading the stuff in... I'll have to go back on monday and try the myhack method again.