[Solved] Kernel Panic with DW1820A (0VW3T3) Wifi Card

rcpag1103

Please help. I encountered some kernel panic (as per attached photo) when I installed the new Broadcom wifi card (DW1820A [cn-0vw3t3]). If I switched off WLAN and Bluetooth in BIOS settings, I would be able to boot in to macOS but using the bootable USB without the kexts and patches as per instruction in this link :https://blog.daliansky.net/DW1820A_BCM94350ZAE-driver-inserts-the-correct-posture.html#more

I also attached my kext files folder as well as the changes made in device properties in Clover. I made it to work once (Wifi and Bluetooth all working) but I accidentally deleted my EFI partition when installing Windows in another drive so I opted to do a fresh install of macOS. 

Laptop (Dell Inspiron 5480)

macOS version: 15.5.5

Appreciate who can help me resolve this issue.

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

yes. i used the hackintool and the location shown for the wifi is this. If i put the (0x1c,0x0) as per guide in daliansky website, i could not able to boot and encounter the same kernel panic. when i booted using the usb drive, i can see the wifi but could not find any connection. i also tried adding the brcmfx-country=#a and brcmfx-driver=1 to no avail. quiet unlucky as it works once but i accidentally spoiled my system when i try to install windows in a different drive.

Did you mean of my previous macOS installation? Unfortunately, i do not have EFI-backups. since i did a totally fresh install, i already totally wiped the drive as i thought that the exact first method that i follow (daliansky website) will work.

• Administrators

KP on AirPortBrcmNIC -> clearly the device properties injected in Clover are not used. They're either incorrectly applied (eg: wrong PCI target as suggested by Jake Lo) or conflict with AirportBrcmFixup which I clearly recommended NOT to use in our BCM4350 guide.

• Administrators

Your config did not contained the correct compatibility statement: you specified pci14e4,43a0 when our guide (on which daliansky's blog is actually based) clearly stated to use pci14e4,4353 or pci14e4,4331 in order to bypass AirPortBrcmNIC kext. This does not match what you actually posted above...

By declaring compatibility with pci14e4,43a0, you actually totally annuled the desired bypass objective and, instead, returned macOS to load AirPortBrcmNIC since that's where 14e4:43a0 is declared alongside DW1820A's own id 14e4:43a3... 

Try this revised version:

config.plist.zip