[Solved] Kernel Panic with DW1820A (0VW3T3) Wifi Card

rcpag1103

• Administrators

Please post a zipped IOReg extract; I too suspect an incorrect IO address for your card.

If you're unable to boot with the card enabled or use your Hack long enough to take the IOReg extract, make a backup of /S/L/E/IO80211Family kext somewhere safe and remove the kext from /S/L/E. Then repair permissions and reboot.

here is the copy of my ioreg as per your request. i was able to boot with the card enabled. my only issue now is that the wifi is not recognized in hackintool under pcie. im 100% sure that last time it was shown there and that is the reason i just copy the device path of the wifi card as mentioned in daliansky website. i will try to remove the io80211family kext and will report back.

ioreg.ioreg

• Administrators

It's exactly as we suspected: your wireless card IS NOT located @1D,0; you got that completely wrong. That location is that of your Realtek LAN card!

IOReg.jpg

As such, your property injection is useless. Once you temporarily remove your IO80211Family kext and boot with the card fully enabled in BIOS, we'll be able to identify its correct location in IOREg. And it'll probably be one of the locations Jake Lo mentioned in his 1st reply...

• Moderators

@rcpag1103

There's no wifi device detected and interestingly there is no Realtek SD Card reader detected either. Did you disable them in the BIOS?

In other 5480 system I looked at, the wifi and SDCard reader are in either 0x1c,0x0 or 0x1c,0x2

It's probably easier if you restore both kexts, repair permission and rebuild cache. Reboot.

Replace the DW1820a with the Intel wifi, make sure it's enable in the BIOS

Boot back to MacOS and then export the IOReg file.

its inspiron. want to thank you! i made it to work already. you guys are correct, my device path is wrong. when i put a different wifi card, it appeared in hackintool and copied it. then i did the instructions here and voila, its working. thanks again!!!