Dell Optiplex 3040 Micro: installation problem

despedros

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also my first time doing a hackintosh and I also used the Dell 3040 micro and was unable to get Catalina to install using the files you provide however only the display port works. Can you help me to get the HDMI port working as well for dual monitor setup? I attached the EFI that I used to get the Catalina installed on the 3040. 

EFI.zip

Thank you for your help! I tried to use the debug tool and I got this message in the terminal when I ran the script. I followed the instruction and press F4 at the clover boot screen during the reboot but I still get this message afterward. I am still using clover on the usb drive to load the MacOS because I can't get the EFI to work on the internal HD. Could that have anything to do with this? How do I generate the debug file in this case?

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 10.34.49 AM.png

Sorry, this may be a stupid question. I should be putting the config.plist file in the EFI folder on the external boot drive right? If that's correct, I did that but the dual screen option isn't available in "Display" in the System Preferences. However, I can now use the HDMI port as the primary instead of the DVI which I couldn't do before, but I can't use them both at the same time.