Totally New - Mac OS X Lion on Dell E6500

TheNavigator

Hello there. I'm totally new to actual install of hackintosh on a non-mac. I've tried using VMWare though, but it sucks..

So, I've seen much tutorials, those "kexts" and so. But I can't figure out how to install those kexts. I got lost. What do I actually need? How to install kexts suitable for my laptop? What will I need? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Please consider that I want to dual-boot with a current installed Windows System. Thanks again.

Current Specs:

Dell E6500

Processor: Intel P8400 Dual Core

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics: I don't know how to get the version of that, but device manager's saying that it's Intel Chipset Family or something so

Oh, it is a new March.

Please make sure you have prepared the USB pen for install lion advance, you can do it in VMware, I did in Vbox.

read http://lifehacker.com/5698205/how-to-triple-boot-your-hackintosh-with-windows-and-linux carefully.

And try latest myHack 3.0 to make your USB.

For kexts, basically let VoodooPS2* in /E/E, and get dsdt.aml also same from Mr. Mariusz.

Do not test any EDP because no EDP for E6500 till now.

At last, I recommend you can change your SATA HDD for your trying.

I also let chameleon boot my 3 OS (10.7.3, win7 32, debian x64 6.04 and freebsd9 (from grub2) ).

If you can make a record here, you will be easily to be found what is wrong, also you can refer my records

Unfortunately, I don't have an 8 GB Thumbdrive. I have 2 X 4 GB though. I heard that you can use a partition, but I don't know how to do that exactly.

For the tutorial, I didn't even achieve the installation of Mac point. I want to install Lion, not Snow Leopard, Unfortunately, it's critical :(

EDIT: I got a new 8 GB Thumbdrive. What to do now? :/

• Administrators

Hi thenavigator,

You need to read the the wiki section above on how to prepare the lion usb installer as well as how to dual boot on preparing the hard disk for os x installation. As for necessary kexts for your model, you need to search the forum on potential kexts for your model (starting from saphires post above). As of now, there is no EDP support for your model but as always we are working on it as we speak. Hope this will give you a head start.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Dear navigator,

No worries. No need to apologise. We are here to help. :rolleyes:

After preparing the lion usb installer using myhack, you can install the generic Extra provided by myhack to get you system up and running.

You then need to install additional kexts (or in windows its called drivers <_ to get your peripherals work such as display graphics networking etc. models already supported edp will install these. however we have yet develop for e6500>

Cheers!