Unable to wake my laptop from sleep with OpenCore

rcpag1103

I converted to OpenCore from Clover. Everything works except the sleep function. When i put the laptop to sleep after 2-3minutes and when try to wake the laptop by pressing keyboard or mouse, it will not wake. only black screen then reboot. attached here is the kernel panic and my config list. macos 10.15.5 opencore version 0.5.6. i also attached the photo of my EFI folder. thanks in advance

config.plist.zip

IMG_2138.zip

kernel.zip

hi i updated to the latest opencore 0.5.9. still same issue. please refer to the attached config.plist and screenshot of the kernel panic and efi folder contents. also my hotkeys for brightness stop working. hotkeys for volume works though. thanks in advance. there seems no issue as per OC sanitizer

OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker.pdf.zip config.plist.zip Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 5.17.39 PM.zip

i do not know what happened. i just take these commands below and now i cannot use the FN to adjust the volume. It works if i press shift and not FN. FN+Insert still works but got the sleep black screen issue.

sudo pmset -g

Disable Hibernation

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Disable other hibernation options

sudo pmset -a standby 0

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Yes I did clear the NVRam. Actually, there is a repo in github that provided the EFI folder for my specific laptop. Im not sure what is this for but it was included in the Clover version. I tried to remove it and what happened is the hotkeys did not function properly. (hotkeys to adjust brightness is broken. for volume, still working without pressing the FN key. if i pressed together with shift key, there will be a sound. pressing FN+Insert will put my device to sleep and screen blacks out. I would not be able to wake the laptop and need to force shutdown. I attached the kext file for you to see.

Dell5488.kext.zip

Hi sorry for late reply. I removed Dell5488.kext from my kext folder and updated my config using propertree but still did not solve the sleep wake issue. Interestingly, when i use clover, this issue does not exist. Actually, i reinstalled and copied exactly the EFI folder from his github (OpenCore version 0.5.6 same issue, then upgraded to version 0.5.9 same issue).