E5470 with i5 6440HQ + HD 530 + Full HD screen: seeking EFI for Catalina

PMD

• Moderators

You can get the latest SDCard reader kext from here (version 2.2 is stable). Weird although you mentioned never able to locate the kext, yet in the IOReg file you posted, it shows it's already installed. It won't show under system information under Card Reader but it'll work once you insert an SD Card. 

For USB issue, download Hackintool.app and generate an USBPorts.kext + EC*.aml file.

Not sure what your sleep issue is, you'll need to provide more details. Have you disable Hibernation? See here

HDMI issue??? Please explain what's the issue. No HDMI video? no HDMI audio? 

• Like 1

@Jake Lo card reader is showing in IOReg because I tried a version of the kext that you mentioned but I forgot to update new EFI folder with that kext. But card reader is very unstable. Sometimes it works immediately but sometimes I need to make it go to sleep then wake up to make it work.

Will the USBports.kext replace USBinjectall? Or I need to put them together.

I have disabled hibernation. My laptop is sometimes powered off although it was sleeping.

When I disconnect my external screen, the laptop becomes totally unusable 

• Moderators

you just need to eject and re insert it again to work. Yes, it's not perfect but at least it's semi supported now. 

With USBPorts.kext + EC.aml if available will replace USBInjectall.kext + disable the (2) 10.15.x port limit patches in the Config file under KextsToPatch.

Post new IOReg file with the HDMI monitor connected

• Like 1

What is the (2) 10.15.x port limit patches in Clover? I put USBPorts.kext and .aml files in right places so my HDD works pretty well. 

I don't have an external display right now. I'll attach new IOReg file with external display ASAP.

At this moment my SDCard is not recognized.

My computer has just been powered off suddenly since I left it sleeping 20m ago. My audio is also not recognized.

Debug.zip

• Administrators

Seems right enough. USB port limit patches basically means that: it removes the limit of 15 x USB ports and extends it to something like 24 if I'm not mistaken. Check the comments further to the right since you probably copied this from an existing config. Usually, that patch is not required on a laptop so it probably is of no use on your E5470.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@duypham312

You can disable the top 3 patches from the Config file.

From the Hackintool.app with the USB configuration in your diagram, press export. 

Copy the USBPorts.kext to kexts/Other, removing USBInjectall.kext

Copy only SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to ACPI/Patched. You don't need SSDT-UIAC.aml

If you want to use SSDT-UIAC.aml, then you keep USBInjectall.kext and leave out USBPorts.kext.

Hope that's clear.

I see Sinetek-rtsx.kext is loaded in the IOReg so it should be working. You might just need to eject and insert again several times, give it a few seconds to mount.

For audio, you could try adding CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extension, then repair permissions and rebuild cache.

For shutdown after sleep, I'm not sure. I see you have a LiteOn SSD, there's some issue with LiteOn NVMe drive that requires patching but not Sata SSD.

• Like 1

@Jake Lo It's very clear. Thank you very much!

image.png.d15bc8b31617c067bd191723eb25a7b2.png

Although I can see it in IOReg but my SD card isn't always recognized. Right now, it isn't showing. I've ejected and inserted my card for a while. Sometimes it works like a charm. That is so odd