Latitude 7490: no macOS partition in Clover Boot Manager

Tubardus

Hello everyone,

For the first time in weeks, I shutted down my computer for a fresh restart. Unfortunately, the clover boot manager doesn't show the MacOs installation anymore. I was on Catalina 10.15. Can I do something? The version of Clover is 5107.

Also by pressing F3 (checked in the clover boot help) it showed the recovery boot option. I tried to reinstall Catalina from there. But it didn't worked saying something about an APFS problem.

Last hypothesis : maybe I must follow this lead in order to put the missing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi file in the right place?

After some searching, I found that the HFSPlus.efi is now missing in FS1:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers\UEFI. I think this is why the MacOS is not showing in the clover boot manager. Can anyone telle me how I can put it back? And why it disappeared in the first place?

Thanks!

• Moderators

If you have VboxHfs.efi, it'll do the same unless you also have it disabled in the Config file, then you'll need HFSPlus.efi

Either try booting with a working USB drive with all the files needed or mount the EFI partition from Windows if you're dual booting and add the files.

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I don't have VboxHfs.efi. I tried to use HFSPlus.efi alone. No difference. I'm now reinstalling from the beginning. I think it has something to do with a certain update of Catalina which changes profoundly the names and locations of important files.

Do you know why HFSPlus.efi is gone? Is it because I'm now running 10.15.5? 

• Moderators

No, can't explain how HFSPlus.efi would disappear. I have 10.15.5 running perfectly fine with HFSPlus.efi. Check your root drive for EFI-Backups. See when's the last time HFSPlus.efi is in your drivers/UEFI folder when you upgrade Clover.

Ok! Seems to be working with VBoxHfs.efi alone. I will try to replace it by HFSPlus.efi and see if it works. I'm sure there something awkward between 10.15.4 and 10.15.5...

@Hervé, when you say : "The macOS Install Data folders in /System/Volumes/Data, however, had to be manually removed to get rid of the temp partition" in updating to 10.15.5, can you explain to me what exactly need to be done?