Azurewave AW-CE123H not recognized in Catalina

MarOS

e7240 with Catalina 10.15.4 installed using @Jake Lo's bootpack (thanks!).

Consulted the inventory of supported wifi cards, and then waited for weeks for my AW-123H to arrive from China.

Bluetooth is working (for Logitech mouse anyway) with brcmpatchram3 etc, but I can't get wifi working at all.  All my searching leads to fixes for previous versions of OSX which don't seem to apply for Catalina.

System report doesn't show the card at all.

Hackintool doesn't show the card under peripherals, but it does show it under PCIe devices.

I also have a Win10 boot for this laptop and both BT and WiFi work flawlessly.

What am I missing?

Thanks

image.png

debug_24322.zip

Thanks Jake and Herve, that's really useful.  It would be fantastic for hackintosh newbies like me if that was noted on the supported/unsupported thread, it's a minefield getting accurate info about what to do because so many troubleshooting threads and posts are for other OSX versions and not appropriate for 10.15.x... especially when there's even a difference from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4.

• Administrators

I'm sure you can understand that we just cannot re-test every single card listed in our inventories everytime a new OS X/macOS update comes out. We need to be able to rely on the community to chime in on these kind of things, newbies or not...

I don't remember needing to replace 802.11FamilyV2 for the DW1510 I occasionally used in my  Vostro200 (now running 10.15.5) but I recently sold the card so I've nothing left to verify the behaviour. By all means, try your AW-CE123H without replacing 80211FamilyV2 kext so that you can confirm how things actually work now.

Hervé I appreciate that there's no way you guys could re-test everything all the time... just a shame that there isn't an easy way for the feedback loop to update original outdated info without opening it up to junk.

So here's the weird bit - my NVMe disk got some corruption while messing about with the kexts which Catalina was trying to fix, failing and powering off.  I re-installed on an external drive so I had a chance to retrieve data - using the same Clover 5119 and JakeLo bootpack.  And the AW-CE123H was working OOB for wifi, without either  IO80211Family.kext or  IO80211FamilyV2.kext .  (FixAirport is enabled.)  BT also fine with patchram3.

What is strange is that System Info | Ethernet cards only has the onboard LAN showing, no sign of WiFi at all.  But WiFi is working, connected and stable.  System Prefs | Network shows it as 'Wi-Fi'.  Hackintool also sees it as 0x14e4, 0x43b1.

This is with 10.15.1, and I did the full install and setup without connecting to a network.