E6430S Mojave or Catalina installng

Mark Bondarenko

Hello everyone, I have Dell Latitude E6430s. In fact, I have never been involved in hackintosh, but the operating system is poppy wasps.
My specifications:

- Intel Core i5-3340M

- 8GB of RAM DDR3 SDRAM (1600MHz)

- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205, Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300, Dell Wireless 1504 (802.11g/n 1x1), Dell Wireless 1540 (802.11n 2x2)

- Intel® HD Graphics 4000

In general, I want to know the current tutorial on installing macOS Catalina or at least Mojave . On the Internet, I saw tutorials only for models without the letter S.

• Administrators

The E6430s is just an E6330 with a slightly wider 14" screen. To me, apart from the absence of support for WWAN modules, there is no difference between the E6430s and the E6330 or even a low-res (1366x768) Intel graphics-only E6430. Overall, the specs are identical.

Whatever wireless card you got, none of the above 4 are supported and will need to be replaced by a compatible card. See our inventories on the matter.

You may follow any existing E6x30 guide re: installation process, knowing that you only need to pay more attention to the patched ACPI tables and probably try to use those of the E6330. Catalina will, of course, be fully supported.

• Administrators

We have full installation guides in the section carrying the same name, I suggest you start by looking at them.

Given that you're totally new at Hackintoshing, I recommend you you also consult our FAQ section with regards to creating a bootable macOS USB installer. You should also consult our OS X/macOS section + Our Picks list for guidance regarding requirements. If you don't understand much at the present time, I must warn you that it's all very technical and may completely be over your head. Please note that we don't support distros here and that discussions or queries about them will be deleted without any notice.

If you're looking for a quick and easy way to install and run macOS on your laptop like take a CD or DVD and off you go, pass your turn; it just does not work like that, you need to be technically skilled with computers and aware of their inner architecture/workings. Potentially, you have a huge amount of knowledge to acquire, something most of us took years to collect. It's not something anyone can explain or share in a few minutes or a few posts. Not trying to scare you away here but be totally honest with what awaits you. But if you're already computer-literate and technical enough, you'll get along.