start your engines 10.7.4 is here :-)

sipart

I gave it a go on a D620, hangs on boot. So hold off for now.

Specifically it has a long pause on ACPI, and then proceeds a bit and stops on "waiting for root device." no kernel panics, so I will be patient and see if a solution can be found.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/9/3010155/os-x-lion-10-7-4-fixes-filevault-password-bug

or perhaps our friends here already have good advice as I think I remember one of the devs/admins mentioning they had been testing 10.7.4?

I gave it a go on a D620, hangs on boot. So hold off for now.

Specifically it has a long pause on ACPI, and then proceeds a bit and stops on "waiting for root device." no kernel panics, so I will be patient and see if a solution can be found.

The same happened to me with my D430, no more booting.. :unsure:

• Administrators

i got 10.7.4 running on the D430.. and a few notes:

1. You have to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the one from 10.7.3 or 10.6.7 .. or you wont be able to boot

2. We got the "dark screen" (darkwake) issue back, normal AppleIntelFrameBuffer.kext from EDP (Lion DP4) will fix that

• Administrators

Hi,

I think we should hold on for a while before updating to 10.7.4 until all the issues are fix.

From my testing on D630 X3100 of the DP version, the kernel need to be booted in 64 bit mode (i.e. mach_kernel arch=x86_64) otherwise the boot up will take a long time as mentioned above.

Further, I have found that those with GMA950 and X3100 models may not get graphics acceleration as some of the 32 bit graphics kext dependencies are 64 bit now. I need to have a look at the final release to see if Apple updated any on those graphics kexts.

Apart from that, some of our EDP kext will also need to be updated to 64 bit kets as the 10.7.4 need to be booted in 64 bit mode.

Cheers!

• Like 1

i got 10.7.4 running on the D430.. and a few notes:

1. You have to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the one from 10.7.3 or 10.6.7 .. or you wont be able to boot

2. We got the "dark screen" (darkwake) issue back, normal AppleIntelFrameBuffer.kext from EDP (Lion DP4) will fix that

Thanks for the tips. When and how do you do 1.) ? Use kext helper after install of update (and booting using some Chameleon flags to get to OSX desktop to do this or some other way?

And 2.) is using edp? What is DP4 - OK I googled it Developer Preview 4? Again using kext helper - is this just the gma950 fix in EDP?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

well it would have to be after the update for #1 so i would use either another functioning osx partition to replace the file in s/l/e or use terminal from a boot disk to remove and replace the file then boot without catches... or also delete those.

for #2 yes gma fix is dp4 frame buffer

• Administrators

Hi,

We are pleased to report that we have make huge progress in getting 10.7.4 to the rigs of all our members.

We have found that the appleacpiplatform.kext is the only kext that is problematic which can be easily resolved with rollback to the 10.6.7 version. After replacing the kext, you need to run myfix using full mode and reboot.

We have tested this on D430, D520 and D630 with great success.

Enjoy!

You can download the kext from here : http://team.osxlatit...s/coolbook-lion

Is there any HowTo - this is not easy replacing or even deleting a kext using a OSX-Startdisc. Usb sticks will not get auto mounted and the old hd has only read properties , can someone make a quick tutorial here - please ...