start your engines 10.7.4 is here :-)

sipart

• Administrators

Hi saphire,

Can you try the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.6.7 through the link above and boot with mach_kernel arch=i386 -v -f. This is how I got it to work on my D520 and D630. I suspect its similar for your machine (core 2 duo). If it KP on AppleACPIPlatform.kext, try to rerun myfix in full mode.

Cheers!

P/S: We posted at the same time biggrin.gif. Great to hear your machine is up and running.

Working fine on d630 intel and 630c nvidia only thing i had to do was replace AppleACPIPlatform.kex with an old one and change bios drive settings from ATA to ahci and it booted like a charm

oh i did it the easy way after updating pulled out the disk, put in a usb caddy and then used another machine to replace the file

Hi all,

I had my D620 running perfectly on Lion thanks to the instructions on this site, then last night I decided to try the updates, sure enough I had a KP non boot once 10.7.4 was installed, I downloaded the old AppleACPIPackage.kext linked in this thread and managed to get it copied over, did a full MyFix and was able to boot again, the only issue I seem to have is that my wifi now says 'No hardware installed' , any advice on getting this to be recognised and installed again?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Syonagar!

My question is that I have nothing under 10.7.2, I try to get 10.7.2 from my virtualbox lion 10.7.2 and it cannot be upgrade in vbox, I have more hdd to test, so I will check other HDD for 10.7.3 AppleACPIPlatform.kext again to test, because I guess maybe what I saved in 2nd OSX partation also changed by new 10.7.4 lion.

I just changed one HDD 500GB for lion 10.7.3 upgrade 10.7.4 success, of coz only 1 hdd inside, no modular bay hdd inserted!

I also purchased one optibay for my old hdd 250GB for 10.7.3 after removing the intern hdd 500GB and boot from the modualar Bay HDD, the old 10.7.3 works well.

everyone can use anyone lion for time machine to backup system before any testing of upgrading.

I also get USB-pen for install and boot lion when it is KP or other dead, it is 16GB so I can save more.

My BIOS A27 for E6500, nothing EDP, and LAN is special not Intel82566, VGA is Nvidia

Confirmed again, if I use 10.7.3 AppleACPIPlatform.kext in 10.7.4 lion, it will dead.

So only 10.7.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext I can use in 10.7.4 lion, just tested again.

One more, seems my RT2870 USB wifi cannot work in 10.7.4, that is a trouble, only Cable AppleIntelE1000e.kext can work.

At last upgrade Safari success online updating.

Hi Glebe,

Try to reinstall EDP and run myfix full mode.

Cheers!

That has worked great, thanks, the only issue now is sleep, until the update sleep was fine, it would wake to the password screen. now it either doesn't wake at all (black screen) or sometimes I get a dark screen telling me I need to hold power button to turn off and again to start.

Any ideas on this?

Andy

That has worked great, thanks, the only issue now is sleep, until the update sleep was fine, it would wake to the password screen. now it either doesn't wake at all (black screen) or sometimes I get a dark screen telling me I need to hold power button to turn off and again to start.

Any ideas on this?

Andy

All sorted, set system password in the bios and sleep is working again