Hello from York

petermartin

Hello everyone,

I'm from York, England and have just received a D620 from SCHtrade (£85 delivered and its it great condition). I already had a docking station that they were throwing away at work couple of years ago (I'm a bit of a hoarder but find that I do usually get to use everything eventually!).

Unfortunately it only came with 1GB so I ordered a 2GB stick from Amazon at the same time. The laptop arrived early this morning but unfortunately the memory hasn't arrived yet (the post tends to only come here after 12pm).

I've got my USB stick primed and ready (I've used Myhack 2.1 after reading the problems with Myhack 3.0 - many thanks to the forum member who gave me a copy of it.)

This looks like a great site and hopefully I'll be able to help out in the future after I've learnt a lot.

Go Latitude!

Hi Peter, I'm not too far away down in Derbyshire - was the SCHtrade Dell a 2ghz or 1.6ghz model (tipped on hotukdeals?). What graphics chipset/screen res is it? Very good price :-)

Have you also grabbed yourself a DW1395 broadcom wifi card? The Intel ones are no go with Lion (or Snow Leopard as far as I remember). You can get one from ebay for £3-4.

My 620 works a treat with Lion (very occasionally kernel panic from cold boot - but nothing to worry about).

Enjoy

Hi Sipart,

It is a 1.66hz Core 2 Duo, its got a 1280 x 800 resolution and has a Dell 1490 wireless card. Will this work with Lion?

It really is in great condition, and they even sent a 90W power supply so it will power my docking station as well.

Disaster though - the post has come and still no 2GB RAM. However, I remembered I had a old Toshiba laptop (again that someone was throwing away) and I checked the RAM and its DDR2 so its all systems go.

It was hotukdeals that I saw it on - there was a link on that to here and it was too tempting to resist when I released it was possible to hackintosh it.

As you say you're not too far from me, no doubt the weather is as bad there!

Pete

• Administrators

myhack 3.1 works fine and might correct your usb issue with boot 0, just whenever you run edp run the myfix app after. so they are both synced... so when you use the boot pack extra file run myfix so it generates the necessary files... after os install and you run edp to build for your model then again run myfix to sync the kexts/catches....

It was hotukdeals that I saw it on - there was a link on that to here and it was too tempting to resist when I released it was possible to hackintosh it.

:-D - that was me that commented that they would make good hackintosh's and to take a look here - and the OP updated the deal post - glad your enjoying your £85 OSXLATITUDE - I can see from your other post that it all worked good so looks like the WIFI card you got worked out the box so to speak!

Cheers

Ah, so you're to blame for bringing me here :-)

Yes, the wifi card worked out of the box without any problems. I was thinking of rebranding it, but it seems to work fine so there's no point.

The next job is to buy a WWan card.

I tested the battery last night and it was fine for over two hours so I'm pleased with that too.

Pete