My D630 X3100 Lion not boot HELP!!

never1991

Hi guys,

I deleted some .plist files from /system/library/launchdaemon and other folder (I don't remember the name) accidentally AND NOW MY D630 NOT STARTS!

These files are in the recycle folder. I'm sure.

How I could boot my laptop??

My question is, How I can restore these files to the original folders from the console in the boot? It's posible?

Many thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Hi never,

You could also use pacifist to open the lion installer and look for the directory that may contains those files and then extracting them. However, if those files are generated during installation then bronxteck advice above may be the only way to go.

Cheers!

ok,

But can I move the files from the trash folder to original destination using terminal went I boot in single mode? exist some command for this?

I can't create a usb lion installer because I can't start the osx. I can do nothing...

• Administrators

Dear never,

If you can boot into command line with safeboot (i.e. mach_kernel -v -f -s -x) then you can move the deleted files provided you have not emptied your trash. If I not mistaken, go to the trash directory by typing "cd /" and then "cd .Trashes" and then "ls" to see the list of files. Hopefully its in there. You can easily move it to e.g. /system/library/launchdaemon by typing "mv filename /System/Library/LaunchDaemon/". Try it.

Cheers!

Many thanks Syonagar!

I found the files but in under my user account:

:/root#

:users root#

:(my user) root#

:.trash root#

still here!!

I tried to move the files but I have 2 problems:

- The files are in read only system file mode and I can't move them. Neither I can modify attributes.

- The patch /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ not exists. Only I find /Library/LaunchDaemons/