Almost perfect Mojave 10.14.6 on Dell E5450

Jazzoo

Hello! Recently I decided to turn my Windows laptop into a Hackintosh. Thanks to osxlatitude and Jake Lo I found the fastest way to do it. Downloaded the Clover folder from this post as it seems to be very similar to my system and starting from scratch it's working pretty well! I have just a few minor bugs that probably you guys can help me to fix.

My system - Dell E5450 14" HD 1366x768, Intel Core i5-5300U, iGPU 5500 HD, 12GB DDR3 , 480 GB SanDisk SSD, Wi-Fi replaced with DW1560

1. The first bug is the boot - right after the clover screen the apple logo pops up and it darkened immediately (but still loading). Stays for 20-30 seconds like this and then I can see the apple and the bar until it fully loads the welcome screen. The boot is painfully slow despite the SSD. I expected not more than 15 seconds boot time...tried different fixes from the web but nothing worked so far. This happen also in Verbose mode. I made a video of the boot - Boot Video

2. The second bug is that sometimes I loose the sound and when I open the System preferences/Sounds/Input screen the sound is back on...that's really weird and still can't find solution. Also the line input is not working, only the internal mic. Internal audio and HDMI audio working.

3. Can't get CPU temperature sensor working, any help is appreciated.

Here's my EFI folder.

Cheers!

debug.zip

• Administrators

Your Clover config would gain from a little tuning:

ACPI:

• replace FixDarwin by FixDarwin7 -> that'll give bring USB3.0 support to your USB ports
  • do you really need those FixHPET and FixMutex patches?

Boot:

• you may want to remove or reduce that 20s delay you've got set at boot time
  • if, as I expect, your BIOS is set to UEFI mode, empty the legacy field

Devices:

• you fake a now-unsupported Broadcom wireless card in the nVidia field. Seems to be a gross mistake, delete this.

GUI:

• I'd remove those Custom entries; not even sure that works properly... Do you actually use those?

Kernel & Kexts Patches:

• Try and disable the IOAHCIBlockStorage patch you've got in place for trimming. Sometimes, it actually dramatically slows down the SSD. You may then remove the patch if proved to cause problem.

Nothing really wrong on the kext side. The only comment I can make is that you inject good old FakePCIID with no other related kext so it's totally useless at the moment. If you have no use for it (such as USB2/USB3 muxing with FakePCIID_XHCIMux for instance), just remove it.

Regarding sensors, maybe you should switch to FakeSMC and its PlugIns, these have always worked for me. This would be even more appropriate given that you've installed the SMCHelper.efi module which is incompatible with VirtualSMC and, therefore, shouldn't be used in the 1st place...

Thanks for the tips! 

1. ACPI

In Clover Configurator I see only FixDarwin, no FixDarwin7 option. Removed FixHPET and FixMutex (don't know what exactly they do)

2. Boot

Fixed 20s boot delay, now is 5s. Legacy field - empty now

3. Devices

Nvidia filed looks like I can't delete anything there, grey digits I can do nothing with them

4. GUI

Removed all custom entries.

5. Kernel & Kext Patches

IOAHCIBlockStorage patch removed

Removed FakePCIID, switched to FakeSMC and it's plugins, removed Virtual SMC.

RESULTS - Nothing's changed in terms of boot, still the same slow boot + the black screen. Now my sound, bluetooth and battery sensor are not working 😔

I am a bit noob at this, probably it's my mistake or I miss something.

Yes, my mistake..sorry! FixDarwin7 applied, unfortunately doesn't make any difference. After I removed FixMutex and FixHPET my sound and my bluetooth are not working so I bring back those two. IOAHCIBlockStorage patch remove gave me a little bit faster boot time, but still I see the black screen during boot. 

And now I am trying go get rid of the line input. I cannot get it working, only internal mic works. Also HDMI audio not working...Any suggestions ?

Thanks for the help Herve! Appreciate it!

EDIT - I managed to fix the black screen during boot. It's easy, I just had to change up the brightness from BIOS to at least 40% so now it's fine. No more black screen during boot. 
Also managed to fix the HDMI audio with a simple plist edit from Jake Lo.

Now the only minor problem remains the line input. Aside from that I am pretty happy with the system 🙃 

I tried 3, 11, 27, 28, 29 - none of them worked. 😐 

Also today I checked sleep/wake - sleep is working, but wake when open the lid is not working. I need to press a button to light up the screen, otherwise it goes to sleep in a few seconds again.

Thanks Jake Lo , darkwake=0 did the trick! Amazing! Next days I will try patching the audio. Not a big deal, never actually use it but for the sake of a 100% working system I will give it a try 🙂 You guys are amazing! Thanks again!